Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/20/11, 12:56 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Do you like Samurai Better now that Origins has aired?

When Samurai started one of the big complaints was the lack of a true premiere. Which caused some controversy in the fandom. Now that "Origins" has aired, has this improved you're enjoyment of Samurai?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/11, 01:02 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Do you like Samurai Better now that Origins has aired?

Yes it has but only slightly. However I still feel Master Xandred is a horrible villain since he never does anything but whine and drink his sake... err... medicine.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/11, 02:55 PM   #3
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

Well, nothing beats the level of suck of Divatox. At least Master Xandred is more like Rita and isn't setting detonatos on a 1-hour countdown all over the place.
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/11, 04:27 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Divatox isn't the best villain at all but at least she did stuff. Granted not a whole lot. Master Xandred is more like Morticon. All Master Xandred does is as I stated whine and drink his medicine. Rita actually did a lot more even though she was usually always staying behind in her base. She activated her evil Green Ranger and brought forth the Dragonzord. She did a number of spells such as the spell that brought forth Lokar as well as the spell that brought forth Cyclopsis.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/18/11 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11/21/11, 02:37 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

The only way this show could be made better is airing an apology for all the god awful garbage that was made and promise not to put Power Rangers on air until they get an intelligent person to write it.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/11, 02:13 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Personally I blame Jonathan Tzachor for how they're writing the show considering he's in love with Sentai. I don't know about anyone else but I've always hated Tzachor for that. Power Rangers should be Power Rangers and not an American version of Sentai. Granted sometimes copying Sentai works but it only works if the writing is good. Most of the writing hasn't been good and on top of which they feel the need to drill the fact that Jayden has a secret into our heads until they crack open.

Personally it's sad when some of the best writing actually comes from the specials.
Old 12/18/11, 05:51 PM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

I don't know if I like it "better" I do like that we now at least have a context for everything.

I'm with MattEmily in that I'm not to fond of just making Shinkenger: The American Version.

Though I do like some of the episode for the unintentional humor, and I like that we have a lighter, and sillier season after RPM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/11, 06:26 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Personally I'm hoping that Samurai was just a case of Saban trying to get the first half done and over with. Hopefully the remaining half will be better.
Old 12/19/11, 12:22 AM   #9
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Personally I blame Jonathan Tzachor for how they're writing the show considering he's in love with Sentai.
That is not the reason why the show is absolute crap. Shinkenger the source was fucking fantastic (except for Green and Gold they sucked). It's the fact that they are aiming at a younger audience than Saban or Disney has ever aimed PR at before.

That and the actors are about as good as a dead cat.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/11, 04:48 AM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

You do have a point in regards to that too. Granted we don't know whether the acting is actually bad because of the actors themselves or if it's just the Directors being... not very good with directing.
Post New ThreadReply