Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/12/09, 02:30 AM   #1
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Looks like PR is dead

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10560372

'The production manager for the show, Sally Campbell, told the Weekend Herald that "at this stage we will not be shooting another season".'

Last edited by MattEmily; 05/21/12 at 05:09 PM. Reason: edited in order to fix link
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah, its not surprising giving all the rumors we have heard. It just confirms what most of us have expected. I'm not sad, we had a good run. And nostalgia will bring the show back in some form. The franchise could actually use a break.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

A break and a reboot.
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #4
masked rider fearon
Power Ranger

Well, well....Looks like I was right, saying that Disney would give it up. I wonder if another company will take over from disney
masked rider fearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

A company would have to buy it and Disney won't let it go cheaply, there is probably one or two companies with enough to buy it.
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #6
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

If I ever can, I will buy the rights to Power Rangers and start my own new seasons. I will have anyone that wants to give me ideas for new seasons or maybe even special spin-offs. There could be some great spin-offs out there. I don't want to believe that it is ending because I heard that there would be another Super Sentei season which would take the base of the next Power Rangers seasons. I'm not sure what will happen, yet.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #7
Delta Red
FORUM RIDE: Moderate

Send a message via ICQ to Delta Red Send a message via AIM to Delta Red Send a message via MSN to Delta Red Send a message via Yahoo to Delta Red

I would love to see you pull together a few billion dollars in effort to convince Disney to sell...
``11111
Delta Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Also Power Rangers isn't going to continue on just because of Super Sentai. Super Sentai actually gets more out of PR in some ways. Obviously if Super Sentai ended new Power Rangers would. But having new Super Sentai doesn't mean PR will automatically continue. That depends on toy sales, ratings, production costs ect....
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #9
masked rider fearon
Power Ranger

So does this mean that it could be possible for some company to create there own version of Power Rangers? I mean a power rangers series that uses cgi with live action (cgi with for the zords like done in the first movie). But I don't think this is possible since it would cost
way to much, but if it were possible it would be sooo cool
masked rider fearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/09, 02:30 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Nah, it would cost way too much. Unless they decide to do an animated series. Which is actually pretty expensive, but I guess could be an option. Power Rangers will be revived in some form. It just might take some time.
Post New ThreadReply