Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

View Poll Results: Does the story do well with cameos and use of past powers?
No 0 0%
Kind of 0 0%
It's alright 0 0%
Yes 0 0%
Fantastic! 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12/11/14, 06:44 PM   #1
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Power Rangers Legacy

This is a twenty chapter fan fic I wrote recently, from an idea I had back in college. If you wish, think of this as an alternate world where MegaForce was in its own world like RPM.

Power Rangers Legacy

Chapter 1: Legend of the Dinos, Part One

Authors notes: I used Google Translate for the Spanish conversation, so please forgive me if it comes out wonky. Also, I wish to thank my friend EvilTaco for the city name of this story.

The smell of toast and eggs filled the air to the bedroom that was still packed with labeled moving boxes. Inhaling the scent, a young woman smiled in her sleep, until a voice in Spanish called from downstairs in the kitchen."Vanessa, es hora de bajar para el desayuno! Primer día de escuela!" The young girl shot up in bed with a look of fear on her face, groaning as she ran her hands over it. Vanessa slowly got out of bed and spoke still somewhat sleepily as she cleaned up and dressed into a yellow short sleeve jacket over a black tank top, blue jeans and sneakers, putting her dark brown hair into a pony tail and taking the steps down two at a time.

"Mamá, ¿vas a estar bien por ti mismo?" she had asked her mother in their native language, grabbing her backpack from the closet and grabbing the toast and eggs to make a sandwich. "Voy a estar bien, cariño. El ir a hacer un poco más de desembalaje y probablemente conocer a los vecinos. Llámame en el almuerzo está bien?" "Muy bien, nos vemos más tarde!" Vanessa called to her mother as she ran out the door, rushing to catch the school bus as it neared her house. Climbing up the steps, she glanced at the bus driver, then to the seats nervously. "Name's Cliff, I'll be your driver. Feel free to sit wherever you want." With a gulp, she stepped to the seats and looked over them, spotting a girl at around her age, she inched closer, clearing her throat. "Excuse me, is it okay if I sit with you?" The other young lady looked up from looking out the window; she was fair skinned, black hair done up in a bun with icy blue eyes, wearing a baby pink shirt and black pants. With a smile, she scooted over to give the new girl room for a seat. "I don't think I've seen you before, are you new to Blue Bay High?" the pink wearing girl asked. "Y-yes I am. I just moved from Mexico and its my first day of my Junior year." Vanessa responded. When she spoke, her English was fluent, with only the slightest trace of an accent. "Allow me to be the first one to welcome you to Crystal Harbor then. I'm Diane Pai." said her seat mate, extending her hand over. With a smile, Vanessa took the hand and shook it. "Vanessa Trejo. Its nice to meet you, Diane."

The classroom buzzed with students doing various activities before the bell rang; a young man in a blue hoodie and gray swish pants was playing an intense game of Pokemon on his 3DS, green eyes glaring at the miniature screens and grunting as he failed to catch his desired beast, shutting the machine off in frustration. "I've been after a shiny Charizard for months now. Months! Why can't I get it!?" "Because you don't have enough badges to catch it, doofus" another student in a joking manner said as he ruffled the gamers blonde hair, sitting beside him. "Yeah yeah, very funny Jerome. You pull an all nighter? You look faded, man." Jerome, a student of African American stature, with hair done in short dread locks and styling a faded red shirt that sported the local basketball teams logo on the front and shorts, rubbed his eyes lightly. "Kind of. I had to help out my mom a little bit throughout the night." "Is she alri-" "Hey Zeke, we got a newbie with us!" Diane said before sitting down behind Jerome. Zeke's eyes lit up with interest, derailing his unasked question. "Show me the Young Padawan!" he said in an enthused tone as Vanessa stepped into the classroom with a slightly nervous look on her face. Diane waved her to the seat beside her and she tripped over a backpack left in the walkway, landing on the floor. A blonde girl glared at her, grabbing her back pack and dusting it off "Why don't you watch where you're going, huh?" "Kathy, chill. If you don't want your stuff walked on, put it up properly" Jerome said, helping Vanessa off the floor. "You alright?" "Yeah, thanks." "No problem! I'm Jerome, this is Zeke, and I think you met Diane already." "We met on the bus." "Excellent. Hmm...Looks like we have all the same classes together, so we'll get to know one another better. Wanna have lunch with us?" "I'd like that very much, gracias." "She speaks Spanish? Be still my beating heart!" Zeke said melodramatically, with Diane thwapping him on the back of the head. "Calm down there, Romeo." The bell rang, and one last student ran in right as the teacher was shutting the door, getting an imprint of the window frame on his face. "Owww..."

"Spike Skullovitch, how many times am I going to have to tell you to be here -before- the bell rings?" asked their teacher, Mrs. Peabody, as Spike rubbed his forehead, muttering "Sorry," and sitting down beside the others, giving a snorting laugh as Mrs. Peabody took roll.

Lunch came, with Vanessa calling her mother on her cell phone to check in with her as she ate the food she brought from home; a burrito filled with steak, rice, and hot sauce. Jerome sat across from her with Zeke beside him, Diane sitting beside Vanessa with Spike sitting a little away from them, eating a foot long sub sandwich and a whole pie. "How does he eat all that and stay skinny?" Diane asked the two guys, who were eating a burger and fries, and the other a pizza slice. "Probably from all the laps Coach Durham makes him run during PE." Jerome said with a chuckle, glancing to Zeke. "Dude, we still on for the Kamen Rider Marathon later?" "You better believe it!" Zeke said, reaching into his backpack and pulling out a Kamen Rider Kiva belt buckle. "Also, this came in the mail a few days ago. Scored it off the net for cheap!" "Whats Kamen Rider?" asked Vanessa as she threw away her bag into a nearby trash bin. Zeke's jaw dropped with wide eyes "Okay, J-Man? We have GOT to clue her in!" "Heheh. Forgive him, he's really enthusiastic about these sort of things. If you want, you're more then welcome to join us." "What show are you watching?" she asked the two, who grinned at each other, and said to her in unison "Decade!"

Meanwhile, up in the far reaches of space, a silver ship floated above the Earth, inside an alien general paced in front of the viewing screen. It showed humans going about their daily lives, hanging out, and having fun "Disgusting lesser beings. The Tul'Van empire will have your planet for our mighty Emperor's collection." The general, K'turi turned to face a small group of robots, snapping his fingers. "NokBots! Go down to that planet and attack the humans! I want this planet ready for the Emperor by sundown!"

After school had let out, the four students gathered at the front doors, chatting and walking towards the buses. "So Diane, wanna join us for the marathon?" asked Zeke as he plopped down onto a bus seat, glancing at her. "Sorry, Mondays are my days to take care of the store." "What type of store do you run?" asked Vanessa. "Antiques, mostly. We also appraise things people bring in and take it if they wish to sell it" "Sounds cool, I'll have to come by sometime." Diane got off at her stop, waving to the three who would get off at a later stop.

"So, why'd you move to America, if I may ask?" Jerome asked the lady as they walked towards Zeke's house down the block. "Education. My mother wanted to make sure I got an education that would take me places, so we moved to Crystal Harbor at the beginning of the month. We're still working on getting unpacked." "If you need help with anything, let us know. Diane, Zeke and I have been friends since Freshman year, and we know the city up and down." "Thank you- what the!?" A group of ten to twelve robotic warriors appeared around the trio, surrounding them tightly with fists raised for fighting. "What in the world are those?!" she looked around nervously, one of the Nokbots grabbing her arm and pulling at her. Zeke rushed forward and jumped, nailing the robot in the head, with Jerome standing beside him back to back. "Vanessa, do you know how to fight?" he asked. "I-I never took any self-defense classes before!" No problem, we got this." Zeke said with a smirk, getting into karate stance. "Double Dragon?" he asked his friend, who was in a Tae Kwon Do stance. "Oh yea!" The two unleashed a combination of kicks, punches, and tag-team style windmills; with effort the Nokbots were defeated, turning into a pile of nuts and bolts before fading away. "Now -that- was intense." Zeke said dusting himself off, before facing Vanessa. "If those guys come back, you're going to have to be able to defend yourself. J-Man and I can teach you." "What about your marathon?" "That can wait. Come on, we'll go to the park and show you some moves." Jerome said, the three of them grabbing their back packs and heading to the park. From a distance, a mysterious figure had watched, speaking to himself, "The time has come.." before vanishing.

K'Turi slammed his fist onto the console, growling. "Worthless pieces of scrap. It appears if we wish to conquer this planet, we will need to send down a more fierce opponent. Cacia, come forth and kneel before your Emperor!" A monster consisting of white and blue flames came into the main bridge of the ship, kneeling before the Emperor who was shrouded by a screen, then stood to face K'Turi. "What are his Royal Highness' orders?" asked the monster. "Go down to the planet Earth and wipe out the humans. Do not fail." "Yes, General!" Cacia turned into a white flame and vanished.

The next day in PE, Jerome and Zeke pulled Vanessa aside to teach her moves from their respective styles, Diane watching curiously as their new friend replicated what she watched, pulling off a few kicks and punches. "She's a fast learner. She'll be good to go in no time." said Zeke, giving her a thumbs up before Diane stood and smirked. "Not bad, but maybe I can teach her a few things as well." She then bowed and went into a traditional Shaolin Kung-Fu stance, going through a kata with both grace and speed, the others watching in awe. "Dang Chun-Li! You never told us you were -that- good!" said Zeke, who would get thwapped on the back of the head by Diane. "I told you before not to call me that." "Thank you, all of you for helping me with this. I never really had to fight before, so its a bit new to me." Vanessa spoke with a slight blush. "It's not a problem, really. Besides, if those robots show up again, you'll be more prepared." said Jerome with a thumbs up. A crash nearby alerted the four, looking over to see Spike with a mop bucket over his head and drenched in water. "Skullovitch! You now owe me ten laps! Get to it after you clean up that mess!" Coach Durham called out, blowing his whistle. With a groan, Spike would begin to clean up the water.

The four students were heading home from Diane's bus stop, chatting to one another when a flame shot out at them from nowhere. Jerome went flying back with a wince. "You okay?" asked Diane who helped him up. "I'll survive, what was that?" the group looked around, when a voice spoke from thin air, Caica and Nokbots appearing infront of them.

"That was me! Hahahaha! The Tul'van Empire has decided to take Earth for our Emperor! You are to be the first of our victims!" Caica howled and launched more fire at the teenagers, who dove out of the way, only to be surrounded by Nokbots.

"There's too many of them!" Zeke called out, trying to fight off a few but getting pushed back. "What are we gonna do?" asked Vanessa, who was trying to keep herself calm, going into a stance for combat, Diane beside her doing the same. Jerome looked around for an opening, only for his eyes to widen in horror as Caica launched a blue fireball at them.

TO BE CONTINUED.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote