Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/28/20, 06:09 PM   #41
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Did anyone think the Space Rangers were coming back for Lightspeed Rescue?

I remember the lack of promotion for Galaxy's second half. I almost wondered if the show got cancelled by that point. Since those were the days when PR was still young and who knew how long it would last. Not many kids shows lasted that long at the time. And even now a lot of them don't.

You would have thought Lightspeed would have done better those if the quality of the second half of LG was better. But then again it was another restart and Lightspeed took awhile to get going.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/20, 06:12 PM   #42
Ranger Hero
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Did anyone think the Space Rangers were coming back for Lightspeed Rescue?

Digimon almost killed Power Rangers. Maybe thats putting it too strong. But it did take awhile for the ratings to bounce back.
Ranger Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/20, 06:15 PM   #43
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

As much as some people look back nostalgic at that era, the latter half of LG through Wild Force didn't really praform well at all. Perhaps the more serious nature of the show didn't appeal to the kids as much. Plus the Sentai heavy approach of LR-Wild Force didn't help. I do respect Lightsppeed as an attempt to get back to basics. Lightspeed didn't make big promises that they failed to deliever on...Which ended up being the problem with Lightspeed. Wild Force is similar to LR but even it didn't do very well. Ninja Storm and DT brought the show back to more popularity which lasted through SPD.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/20, 06:17 PM   #44
PRangerX
Administrator

It sucks because Space- Wild Force is my favorite era of the series. At least Space and first half Galaxy did well. Galaxy 1.5 especially. But sometimes what we like isn't successful. We can still enjoy those seasons, and they will always be apart of the show's history. No matter what people might like or hate about them.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/20, 06:18 PM   #45
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Its funny how some seasons are so hated and then years later people look back fondly. Turbo and Lightspeed were hated at the time of there airing. But these days no one cares. And some even look back fondly.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/20, 06:21 PM   #46
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Its nostalgia. Plus people move on to the next season that they hate. We did go through a long period of mundane seasons. Which helps to make people appreciate the old days better. I try to be unbiased by my own approach. My favorite season personally is season 2. But I know its far from the best written season. Just a personal preferences for all the original ideas they did. It was a good roller coaster ride. And a time when PR wasn't afraid to be daring. Of course turning Megaranger and Gingaman into Space Seasons was daring too. I wish they had gone through with turning Timeranger into a true time travel PR season.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/20, 07:27 PM   #47
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

It would have been cool if the Lightspeed Rescues were on a Space Station and had to portal the Galaxy to protect it.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/20, 07:28 PM   #48
Lightspeed Omega
Comic Relief

Lightspeed was a great season the way it was. I wouldn't change much about it.
Lightspeed Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/20, 07:30 PM   #49
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Guy View Post
I was excited to see a car themed season. But was disappointed it wasn't a comedy like Turbo. It just wasn't whacky enough.
I liked that they tried to get back to the spirit of MMPR. But it just didn't measure up. They should have went back to MMPR completely. Since Zeo was such a bust.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/20, 07:31 PM   #50
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Zeo and Turbo are essentially MMPR season 4 and 5 with different costumes anyway.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply