Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03/24/15, 06:03 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default RPM critics

There are a subset of fans that felt RPM was overrated and wasn't true PR. Amid a bunch of things people complain about it.

While I see why they can be turned off by the RPM facists who only like that season.....I really don't get a lot of the complaints. In a time where everyone was complaining about PR followed the same stale formula and over dependence on Sentai.....RPM really shook things up and used a lot of new concepts. Really onoy the first few eps were Ranger lite. And its not like Space,LG, and TD didn't all have un Power Ranger like first eps.

As RPM went on their was plenty of spandex ( sorry Doctor K) inspired action. Things were just presented in a slightly different way. To the point they went over budget and forced a regime change. Lynn also made the show more Power Ranger like without straying too far from the RPM way of doing things.

Also the show wasn't just grim dark Power Rangers. It had plenty of comedy that even made fun of itself. And the good guys even win in the end. But like I said its something different which was a change of pace I think the show needed.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote