Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/22/08, 02:40 PM   #1
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

Default The Official R.P.M. Thread

The Story
In the near future, the mysterious and sinister Venjix Computer Network is attempting to conquer and lay ruin to the entire planet. Mankind has retreated into environmentally-shielded domed cities to protect against the pollution and machines unleashed by Venjix. In the shining city of Corinth, an elite force of Rangers must learn to drive and operate an arsenal of radically advanced biotech vehicles in order to battle the attacking machine army bent on world domination.

R.P.M. Demo Themes

Premieres February 2009 on Disney XD and March 7th on ABC Kids

The Cast

Eka Darville - Red Eagle Ranger
Source: The Daily Telegraph, Eka Darville Fansite
Found by: Rangersims, Fury Diamond

Daniel Ewing - Dillon (Black Wolf Ranger)
Source NIDA, Dan Ewing Fansite
Found by: Rangersims, Fury Diamond

Behind the Scenes: BOS Stunts

Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/08, 11:04 PM   #2
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

Storyline- Sounds...extremely dark, epic, semi-complex...I love it! Hopefully the new EP and the crew will bring back the true awesomeness of PR.
DarkBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/08, 12:06 AM   #3
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

Ahh...I liked the whole Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine style way that Go-onger does. Then again another domed city sounds pretty cool. Perhaps we will get someone from the Lost Galaxy season to make an appearance? (I doubt it.)

Sounds like Disney may do justice to Go-Onger. I like!
PowerOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/08, 06:31 AM   #4
masked rider fearon
Power Ranger

the story line so far sounds a bit like VR Troopers
masked rider fearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/08, 06:05 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Its hard to really grasp what the season will be like. It doesn't sound like what I was expecting. Whether that is good or bad....We'll see next year.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/08, 10:15 PM   #6
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

Why add to the timeline? Perhaps this is what was going on somewhere else in the galaxy before King Mondo went to conquer Earth.

Of course Corinth would have to be on a different planet. A first for a season of Power Rangers to do. Not take place on Earth. (Minus Terra Venture of course. But I mean protecting a different planet all season.)

Perhaps after the events of RPM the Machine Empire heads to Earth.

So if it is written correctly, this series could take place in Season 3. A precursor of sorts to the events of Zeo vs. the Machines.

This way the Zeo season & Forever Red are not contradicted. Nor SPD or TimeForce.

And no team-up would be necessary. A team-up without Zeo for this season would throw the timeline off. SO just don't do one this season. Pull a Spirit Ranger (add extra RPM Rangers to the 7 on the team) for the season of RPM.
Old 09/25/08, 11:41 PM   #7
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOnyx View Post
Why add to the timeline? Perhaps this is what was going on somewhere else in the galaxy before King Mondo went to conquer Earth.
...Why NOT add to the timeline? I don't understand why this is a big thing. And how can Mondo be in this season if the villain is already the Venjix Network?

Quote:
Of course Corinth would have to be on a different planet. A first for a season of Power Rangers to do. Not take place on Earth. (Minus Terra Venture of course. But I mean protecting a different planet all season.)
'Cept its kind of pointless.

Quote:
Perhaps after the events of RPM the Machine Empire heads to Earth.
So the Rangers would lose? Not likely.

Quote:
So if it is written correctly, this series could take place in Season 3. A precursor of sorts to the events of Zeo vs. the Machines.
Except there's no reason for something Ranger related to have happened prior.

Quote:
This way the Zeo season & Forever Red are not contradicted. Nor SPD or TimeForce.
Unless RPM takes place between SPD and Time Force, making Time Force's future make more sense.

Quote:
And no team-up would be necessary. A team-up without Zeo for this season would throw the timeline off. SO just don't do one this season. Pull a Spirit Ranger (add extra RPM Rangers to the 7 on the team) for the season of RPM.
I love how the American Ranger is a random addition that has nothing to do with the rest of the paragraph.
Harlan Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/08, 01:31 AM   #8
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

Mondo wouldn't have to be there. This series could take place in Season 3. BEFORE ZEO. So while MMPR S3 is going on so is RPM. Remember that Venjix is around in Forever Red.

As not to throw off the timeline. Zeo only needs some mention. ME empire between SPD & TimeForce doesn't work. And it could certainly throw off Lost Galaxy.

In order to not skew the Power Ranger timeline RPM would have to be around 2061. Tommy & Kat had a son & Grandson. 1996 Zeo series + 65 year old retiree Rangers. SPD was 2025. Omega came from 2045. Time Force was in 3001. This could work.

The only problem is that Zordon was alive in that timeline. In CtD he dies.

Well, PRESUMABLY alive. All we really got in that future was the original communicator watch beeping. I guess if Disney had the New Zeo Rangers (in a team-up) wear them in memory of Zordon (and because their parents-the original Zeo Rangers who worked with Zordon-are too old to suit up.) that this could actually work. Thus CtD is not contradicted whatsoever. No original Rangers would have to return. The only thing would be a mention of the original Zeo Rangers. That's it.
---
ALSO:

I notice alot of people dislike the look of the zords for RPM. Does anyone remember the Power Spheres http://www.rangercentral.com/prns-zd-spheres.htm from Ninja Storm? They were mini zords & they have the same style of the zords in Go-Onger.
Old 09/26/08, 02:55 PM   #9
Harlan Phoenix
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOnyx View Post
Mondo wouldn't have to be there. This series could take place in Season 3. BEFORE ZEO. So while MMPR S3 is going on so is RPM. Remember that Venjix is around in Forever Red.
...But if it involves Venjix, it involves the Machine Empire. Mondo seemed to personally station himself in his invasions, so he'd be there.

Quote:
As not to throw off the timeline. Zeo only needs some mention. ME empire between SPD & TimeForce doesn't work. And it could certainly throw off Lost Galaxy.
Who says the Machine Empire is coming back? Even if the Computer Network is the same Venjix, he could very well be building monsters from scratch on Earth. Your idea is even more convoluted and and unnecessary. Not to mention unrealistic: Why does Venjix's presence immediately require Machine Empire support or soldiers? Him building his own force makes just as much sense.

I could only let you have this because of the fact Venjix was quite the patriot. But, again, assuming it's the same Venjix, he's also now apparently a computer. Priorities and allegiances change. Setting this in a past era that's unrelatable to the current demographic is both illogical on a marketing level and illogical on a continuity level (that era has NO REASON to be visited).

The Venjix Network is the stepping stone to the society seen in Time Force, if the synopsis is to be believed.

Quote:
In order to not skew the Power Ranger timeline RPM would have to be around 2061. Tommy & Kat had a son & Grandson. 1996 Zeo series + 65 year old retiree Rangers. SPD was 2025. Omega came from 2045. Time Force was in 3001. This could work.
Um, what the fuck are you talking about? You are trying TOO HARD to connect RPM to previous seasons, which isn't even necessary on a continuity level. The synopsis shows a period of time that makes decent sense as a progression between SPD and Time Force, and rather than accept that, you're trying to butcher it with random ass characters being in the series for the sake of it. That's not good continuity.

Quote:
The only problem is that Zordon was alive in that timeline. In CtD he dies.
There's not going to be a season based on a what if scenario featured in ONE episode of Zeo. Writers are not obsessive enough (for good reason), and there's no point in it.

Quote:
Well, PRESUMABLY alive. All we really got in that future was the original communicator watch beeping. I guess if Disney had the New Zeo Rangers (in a team-up) wear them in memory of Zordon (and because their parents-the original Zeo Rangers who worked with Zordon-are too old to suit up.) that this could actually work. Thus CtD is not contradicted whatsoever. No original Rangers would have to return. The only thing would be a mention of the original Zeo Rangers. That's it.
I don't see why there has to be such a Zeo connection just because the bad guys are robots. This massive obsession with your warped sense of continuity doesn't make sense to me.
Harlan Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/08, 08:49 AM   #10
LePage
Ranger In Training

Somebody found RPM demos:

http://jecomusicnyc.com/PR_RPM_MT/
LePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply