Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #11
mattavery316
Putty Patroller

Default Re: SPD Thoughts

is VERY subjective...

And as I said, it's not emmy winning drama. It's what they call a "guilty pleasure"... kind of like reading comics.

That's why I crack up when I see people who want to break down and criticize every aspect of the show. :rollin

You know what they say about opinions.8)
mattavery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #12
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah everything is subjective when it comes to tv shows. PR isn't exactly emmy material at times. But I think it is well written for a kids show. I think the show has really grown up writing wise since its conception. I agree sometimes the fans overreact and read into things too much. But thats true with a lot of shows.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #13
jzt451
Putty Patroller

Send a message via AIM to jzt451 Send a message via MSN to jzt451

Quote:

Now that said to me JDF doesn't neccessarly reflect PR's glory days.

I am affraid you are wrong here man. Th financials & raitings haven't ben this good sinc JDF.
jzt451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

Yes, but I was talking about the glory days of the show writing wise. Yes, DT has had higher raings than recent seasons. I also agree that Tommy is the face of the Franchise. I like Tommy personally and think it was cool having him back. I don't think Tommy is not the only reason why DT has been successful.

I just was trying to say that MMPR-Turbo was not the glory days of the show for me. Sure in terms of fad status MMPR was the best. But I just feel that the show really evolved and improved writing wise in PRIS. The show didn't jump the shark when Tommy left it actually got better. I like MMPR-Turbo, it was just a time when the show was more cheesy than it is now. But that era is what started PR and I never would diss it.
Edited by: PRangerX at: 12/3/04 2:26 am
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #15
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
I am affraid you are wrong here man. Th financials & raitings haven't ben this good sinc JDF.

Quote:
The financials were better in America, they cut the budget when they moved to NZ. Any fan who uses the internet should know that.

As for the ratings until I see the statistics Lost Galaxy is the only season to have the highest ratings period. No show has ever had it higher.

Quote:
Sure in terms of fad status MM

Fads are a joke. Their popularity as a fad is a joke. Everything from conception to their failure is a joke. MMPR is no exception. Luckily Saban got some decent talent to write the show and it became more than a fad and the idiot fad "fans" stopped watching.

Quote:
The show didn't jump the shark when Tommy left it actually got better.

Thank god that no talent hack left, to bad Disney is to stupid to see a no talent hack when they are looking for actors because if they could they wouldn't have hired back people who left the show because they were no longer needed to make a fad show, this includes Doug and Ann.

Quote:
But that era is what started PR and I never would diss it.

I have no problem dissing crap of any type. MMPR-Turbo is crap personofied and turned into a television show.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

I was merely stating a fact Primal. I wasn't trying to say that MMPR was great because it was a fad. I was just trying to explain myself to Jzt45.

I don't think MMPR-Turbo is some great epic but I did enjoy it at the time. I mean without MMPR-Turbo, Space-WF couldn't exist. Everything is a progression. The show just took a few years to come into its own creativly.

I don't share your disadain for Tommy Oliver or Doug and Ann. But I guess we all have our own opinions.
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #17
mattavery316
Putty Patroller

Cheetamus Primal is obviously Austin St. John...
mattavery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #18
PRangerX
Administrator

For the record Cheetamus Primal is not a mod. He was mod of the rpg section at one time, thats why he has the custom title. Sorry for the confusion. The only mod around here is me.
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #19
Tv1boy
Shadow Ranger

Sorry to interupt your discussion...

But would it be interesting to see Emperor Gruumm is related to Lord Zedd & Rita?
Old 02/05/05, 03:07 PM   #20
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

I wouldn't mind Gruumm being the children of Zedd & Rita or any other past villians. Just one problem with Zedd & Rita being that things parents unless his appearance is a disguise, armor, or as in Zedd's case got his freak on with good magic while being evil, cause Rita & Zedd are now just plain ordinary humans due to Zordon's wave. But most likely if his lineage is past now turned good villians it won't be explained how he became a freak of nature
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply