Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/04/09, 02:06 PM   #1
abe_charles
Putty Patroller

Default Kamen Rider Next?

Kamen Rider is a great show and I hope it comes back for another series. It would be bad if the Xaviax Vs Ventara story gets dragged out as it would work mostly in a PR setting. Drama is never good to prolong in a series like this. Although it is aired on CW4Kids it's not a kids show to me. There are no megazords or Zordon. It's mature, at least to me. The storylines are not the same and the US Govt is involved. The Riders don't go on TV shows to talk about Ranger stuff like in MMPR or PROO in an Oprah typed-setting. I hope there will be another series and it would be good for continuity to happen and we would be able to see Chris, Len and Kit again. Interesting how Kit is the main character but Len is leader, and not the typical one at that. i hear ratings for the show has dipped and since there is a big gap between Masked Rider and KRDK in terms of years I assume ratings weren't big for the Masked Rider series in the mid 90s so the didn't manage to have KRDK until now. What do you think? It it likely for another KR show soon after this one ends or is it wishful thinking?
abe_charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/09, 04:18 PM   #2
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

It's not impossible, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/09, 07:27 PM   #3
Gerbil the Sinner
Putty Patroller

...What the heck are you talking about?
Gerbil the Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/09, 03:03 AM   #4
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Okay, are you watching the same series as the rest of us? Xaviax vs. Ventara is the entire storyline. Dropping it would end the conflict that the series is built on. You'd be asking for a different plot to the show.

Also, I'd like to understand what you consider the trappings of a "kid's" TV show. No, there are no giant robots or a disembodied mentor, but those aren't standard in children's television, only in Power Rangers. To only compare Kamen Rider with Power Rangers due to them being live-action series with suits of armor and martial arts is quite a myopic viewpoint.

And ratings weren't the reason we didn't receive a Kamen Rider adaptation between Masked Rider and Dragon Knight. It simply wasn't on the agenda for anyone aside from the Wang Brothers, whenever it is they came up with the concept for a new storyline to use in Ryuki. After all, there are a ton of tokusatsu in existence all over the world which still haven't been touched by American executives. Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are far from the only series of their kind.

Now, what ratings will show is that Kamen Rider's not the most popular thing on The CW4Kids block. With such a luke-warm reception, it doesn't seem likely anyone would be chomping at the bit for another American Kamen Rider story following this one. And even if there were, we could hardly guarantee that the Dragon Knight characters would continue to be utilized. The whole thing centers on saving Ventara, which pretty much goes out the window when not dealing with Riders that use mirrors.

So, I'd suggest looking at Kamen Rider Dragon Knight for what it is, rather than what you wish it would be. And enjoy it while it lasts, because as of right now, it's all we know we'll ever see.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/09, 10:05 AM   #5
abe_charles
Putty Patroller

Yeah I get the Xaviax Vs. Ventara storyline. But looki at MMPR and the following series. It was 5 teens Vs. Space aliens and themes changed with new series. And look at Masked Rider. That was Kamen Rider too. But you don't see Dex in KRDK. It's a new theme and KRDK series can end with Xaviax's defeat and a new series can pop up with a side story that becomes a new plot. I do hope for another series or season of KR in the US. It's a treat show and I would miss watching and following it. It really is special and unique.
Old 10/05/09, 11:58 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't forsee another season/series in the near future. But you never know. If someone at CWkids likes the concept or Adness sells it to someone else...Things could continue. It also depends on how well the toys are selling.

Even if this is the end of the line, it wouldn't surprised me if Kamen Rider found its way to the US shores again at some point. At least they got the brand name out there again.

Its hard to create a successful tv show. Everything has to click on all cylinders. Lightining basically has to strike. It has a lot to do with luck. DK isn't exactly on a strong network nor has it gotten an incredible amount of production.

I think Adness and the Wang Brothers should get credit for making this thing work. If nothing else, there hard work did make it on the air.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/09, 03:03 PM   #7
Tendou
Ranger In Training

Everything relies on the sales of toys. Power Rangers is a show that is basically one big commercial. All that the executives care about are the sales of the toys. KRDK is in the same boat. If the toys don't sell then there will be no sequel or anything continuing after it. That is why RPM is the final Ranger season. The toys have not been selling as much as they used to.

This is something I think all of you should read. This is an interview with the creator Steve Wang. He talks about the show and what he plans to do in the future.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...us-television/
Old 10/05/09, 04:56 PM   #8
abe_charles
Putty Patroller

It's shame that Kamen Rider pessimism is so rampant. I know many people out there love the show and it is coming on the heels of the end of PR. It's fun and unique and it's what's keeping the kid in me alive. PR will always be the greatest. It's one of, if not, the longest running major kids franchises of all time. Everyone has favourite PR series and characters. That will live on! Kamen Rider really is good and based on what you guys sound like about a second season or series it's not looking good. I really have taken to Kit, Lern, Chris and everyone else and even Masked Rider has 2 shots and VR Troopers and Knight Rider even had such a great 2nd run. Too bad. It has been fun but they spark with viewers just isn't there. I am going to update my site soon and now I may not have anything to really watch on a Saturday. Maybe it's not a kids thing and that's what's the problem. It has no slot to fit into because most teens are out there listening to Jay-Z or Rihanna, even Kanye lol.

Take one for the team KR!
Old 10/05/09, 11:10 PM   #9
Tendou
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe_charles View Post
It's shame that Kamen Rider pessimism is so rampant. I know many people out there love the show and it is coming on the heels of the end of PR. It's fun and unique and it's what's keeping the kid in me alive. PR will always be the greatest. It's one of, if not, the longest running major kids franchises of all time. Everyone has favourite PR series and characters. That will live on! Kamen Rider really is good and based on what you guys sound like about a second season or series it's not looking good. I really have taken to Kit, Lern, Chris and everyone else and even Masked Rider has 2 shots and VR Troopers and Knight Rider even had such a great 2nd run. Too bad. It has been fun but they spark with viewers just isn't there. I am going to update my site soon and now I may not have anything to really watch on a Saturday. Maybe it's not a kids thing and that's what's the problem. It has no slot to fit into because most teens are out there listening to Jay-Z or Rihanna, even Kanye lol.

Take one for the team KR!
To be honest with you I am very optimistic that there will be another Kamen Rider show in the future. I don't think though that the characters from this one will make a return. I think that they will most likely adapt another KR series like Kabuto and Blade. I am a big fan of this show and definitely think that it is reopening the flood gates to Tokusatsu shows.
Old 10/06/09, 11:06 AM   #10
abe_charles
Putty Patroller

Tendou do you think the series will directly follow this one or will be be a few years in between like Masked Rider in the early 1990s?
Post New ThreadReply