Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/04/16, 08:20 AM   #1
No Pink Angel
Putty Patroller

Default Jen wasn't a good Ranger

I think she is way overrated. She was a one note character who only cared about Alex at first. And then she just shifted to Wes and shafted Alex. She was a poor leader, as Wes often had to lead in battle. She let her emotions get the best of her and interfere with her job.. I don't get the love she gets. She wasn't even a good Pink Ranger. I just couldn't buy Erin Cahill as a bad ass cop.
No Pink Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/16, 08:23 AM   #2
Tommy Angel
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Jen wasn't a good Ranger

I always though Jen was too mean and wasn't nice like all the other Pink Rangers.
Tommy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/16, 11:23 AM   #3
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

Jen was the best Pink Ranger. She had a great character. She was strong and smart. She was a good leader. She was a different kind of Pink Ranger. Erin Cahill did a great job with her. I don't she what could be unlikeaboe about her.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/16, 11:25 AM   #4
Destiny Defeated
Power Ranger

Jen was the most three demensional female character we had and stiil holds up well.
Destiny Defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/16, 11:00 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

I disagree that Jen was a bad leader and a bad Ranger she was just a strict Ranger like Alex had taught her to be and I could definitely buy Erin Cahill's portrayal of her.

Yes Wes usually took control in the battle but that's how it was - she was the overall leader and he was the battle commander much like the Alien Rangers did their command structure.

She had every right to be obsessed over Alex in the beginning since she had just watch Ransik kill him. Yes there were things that she didn't handle right such as thinking about killing Fatcatfish but she was still grieving over Ransik killing Alex so you're not going to be thinking straight and you're going to be more angry at people no matter what they do however she was still a good leader she had some good plans one of which was ruined because Wes had saw Eric and he felt that he was going to get in the way of that.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/16, 11:13 PM   #6
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

The Fat Catfish episode was good but it suffered from the lack of personal connection. The monster didn''t kill Alex. The monster killed Yuri's whole family in Timeranger. Catfish almost hurting Alex and Jen doesn't warrent Jen wanting to kill him in cold blood.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/16, 08:36 PM   #7
Super Cena
Power Ranger

Jen was fine. She wasn't the best ever. But not the worst...Not even close. She was pretty solid. I did think it was a cop out to have her be leader and have Wes take charge during battles.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/16, 08:24 AM   #8
Time Force Traitor
Ranger In Training

Jen was great! I agree about " Jen's Revenge" . It was a good episode but the motivation to want to kill the monster didn't make sense. The problem was you couldn't have her nearly kill Ransik so soon.
Time Force Traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/16, 11:33 AM   #9
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

Jen was too mean to Wes and came off pretty unlikeable.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/16, 07:41 PM   #10
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

Jen felt like a real person and not a one demensional character. I like how she was allowed to be tough and be Pink. It showed woman could be strong too. She alsongot to grow a lot as a character throughout the season.
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply