Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/13/15, 06:58 PM   #1
Kimmy Repulsa
Ranger In Training

Default Megaforce Pandering

Megaforce worked way too hard to remind us of MMPR. Zordon's being Gosei's mentor with no explanation was just so forced. The characters were clearly supposed to be copies of the orginals. Except for Gia who seemed to stand on her own. The owner of the hang out was even named Ernie. Which was just a cheap nod to.MMPR ....Since it had nothing to do with the original Ernie. I didn't mind the high school setting but the rest was way too much to take seriously.
Kimmy Repulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/15, 07:10 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Megaforce Pandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy Repulsa View Post
Megaforce worked way too hard to remind us of MMPR. Zordon's being Gosei's mentor with no explanation was just so forced. The characters were clearly supposed to be copies of the orginals. Except for Gia who seemed to stand on her own. The owner of the hang out was even named Ernie. Which was just a cheap nod to.MMPR ....Since it had nothing to do with the original Ernie. I didn't mind the high school setting but the rest was way too much to take seriously.
I agree with most of this except for the characters being copies. I saw nothing that would show anyone being a copy of any of the originals except for probably Noah due to him being a genius and a nerd but he wasn't a genius to the extent Billy was so it still wasn't a copy.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/15, 10:10 PM   #3
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

I liked it personally. It was a cool throw back to the past but really didn't dominate the show. I thought it was a pretty nice way to make a call back to the past.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/15, 10:11 PM   #4
Sledge's Bounty
Comic Relief

Agreed, Megaforce was original and good in its own right.
Sledge's Bounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/15, 10:13 PM   #5
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Super Megaforce was even better. All kinds of cool cameos and the great finalie. Man I so loved that episode. Never thought we would get anything better then C2D.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/15, 10:16 PM   #6
VR Master
Power Ranger

Megaforce was ok but I agree the call backs to MMPR were kinda too much. I don't feel as strongly about it as the op.

But Super Megaforce was terrible. The cameos were a cop out. And "Legendary Battle" was just a paint by the numbers episode that was supposed to be big. The Rangers were mostly treated like props.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/15, 10:17 PM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Agreed, Super Megaforce sucked, the finale even more. I also think Megaforce was a piece of crap as well. Terrible characters with no story. Plus it relied on MMPR nostalgia to prop it up. And it failed miserably just like Super Megaforce.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/15, 11:57 AM   #8
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Just so we're all clear, Megaforce only capture MMPR on a surface level. They just the most superficial elements of MMPR but did absolutely nothing with them. If you want to see invoking MMPR done right, see Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/15, 02:39 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. CD View Post
Just so we're all clear, Megaforce only capture MMPR on a surface level. They just the most superficial elements of MMPR but did absolutely nothing with them. If you want to see invoking MMPR done right, see Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder.
you have a point there but I don't agree with Ninja Storm doing anything that was invoking MMPR but Dino Thunder was definitely a lot of stuff that invoked MMPR... although most of it had to do with Tommy and his history but also the subtle nods they threw in there to previous pictures and team logos and stuff like that.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/15, 05:32 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Ninja Storm was MMPR with Ninjas for the 21st century.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply