Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Why was Ecliptor destoryed during the Z Wave?

In Countdown to Destruction, Ecliptor was destoryed by Zordon's Wave instead of being made human. This is despite the fact that he put himself at risk to save Karone in "Astronoma Thinks Twice". And was repogrammed into Cyber Ecliptor, much like she was herself. So if he truely loved Karone and was possibly under the control of the cyber equitment like Astronoma....Why did Zordon's Wave not just purify him as well?

My theory is that Ecliptor was just phyiscally modified by the Cyber upgrades. Unlike Karone he had full control of his emotions. I think Spector knew that Ecliptor would be loyal if Astronoma was back in the fold. Ecliptor may have helped her escape with her brother, but that was only out of love for her. I don't think he truly wanted her to turn good. It was just the only way he could keep her safe. So when he was healed and upgraded, Ecliptor would have been given a choice to serve Spector again. Ecliptor would have jumped at the chance if there was a way to have Astronoma back on the evil side. Which Ecliptor was dedicated too. And probably felt it was best for Astronoma. So Ecliptor was destoryed, since he was clearly evil. Of course they you have to figure out why Zedd, Rita, and Divatox were saved ( We know why Karone was). But thats a whole another arguement. Anyway this is all just theory.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #2
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Why was Ecliptor destoryed during the Z Wave?

You are going to have to remind me of who Ecliptor was. I don't quite remember his connection/importance to Power Rangers: In Space.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

http://www.powerrangersonline.com/da.../villains.html

Ecliptor was Astronoma's main henchmand. He raised her after Darkconda kidnapped Karone from KO-35. Ecliptor became like a father figure to Astronoma. He was an enemy of Darkconda. And tries to warn Astronoma not to trust him. He became concerned when Astronoma started to feel conflicted. When Astronoma chose to help Andros and the Space Rangers escape Spector's trap, Ecliptor helped to buy time for her to escape. He got turned into a Cyborg. He turned Karone into a Cyborg which reverted her to Astronoma. When Zordon's Wave hit, Ecliptor was vaporized and not purified like the human villains.
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Zedd, Rita, Divatox were human/organic humanoid aliens from the get go, Ecliptor was a robot from the get go. You can't turn a robot into a human since it never was. The Z wave purified evil from the universe it didn't magically turn things into flesh beings that never had flesh.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats a good point. Since the Machine Empire got vaporized too.
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #6
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

The Machine Empire is a very bad analogy since there were absolutely no good Machine Empire entities.
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

I've always liked to think of them as being once good. Rita's existance as Mystic Mother kinda futhers this. But there is another viewpoint that says that Zordon simply made them good to remove any possibility of a threat.
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #8
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

All organic sentient life has the capacity for good and evil, but whoever said Zedd & Rita were ever good to begin with? Some organic sentient life is born evil.

Who said Zordon purified them into being good humans was intentional?

Rita was not the Mystic Mother. The best I found to even support your assertion that Rita=Mystic Mother is on Wikipedia ([sarcasm]very reliable source that one[/sarcasm]) and that only states it appears they are the same person. They are making wild assanine assumptions because the two very different Japanese characters shared the same actress. On the talk page for Rita it says something about Udonna calling her Rita in her dark days in the finale but since that is garbage I can't verify it was actually proven on the show.
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Its generally accepted that Mystic Mother was literally Rita. Jackie Marachand said so herself at Morphicon. Plus like you said, they mention her by name in the episode. Lets not forget the headache joke. The controversy lies in how it doesn't seem to fit continuity. Since we last saw Rita as a young woman in C2D. Plus Mystic Mother seems like someone that has been around in the postion for thousands of years.

Some fans like to explain this with time travel. I like to think that Rita was the daughter of the original Mystic Mother. Vile was either her real father or abduced her to be raised evil. After her purification Rita learned of her true heritage and became Mystic Mother. Maybe the magic Finister did to make her look younger was undone at some point. Or her age is directly tied to the state of good magic ( once she becomes Mystic Mother). Which was damaged by the Underworld by that point.
Old 12/30/10, 12:38 AM   #10
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Doesn't make it fact.

Amit also said that Jindrax & Toxica were the Evan parents. Doesn't make it fact.

I said the people at Wikipedia claimed it was said, I never said it was fact.

The entire show was a joke and gave me headaches.

Same can be said for Doctor Tommy and Doctor Pink Lightspeed Ranger. Neither were given enough time to actually become Doctors.

Unacceptable. What a fan says is meaningless the only thing that counts is what is broadcasted.
Post New ThreadReply