Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/21/17, 07:16 PM   #1
Sailor Saban
Comic Relief

Default Should Wild Force Be considered a Saban Season?

I know Disney already owned the show....But it felt like a Saban Season. The same production team was also there. They also still shot in Valencia. Plus they had "Forever Red" to basically rnd the Saban Era.
Sailor Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 03:33 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Should Wild Force Be considered a Saban Season?

Wild Force should be considered the last of the first Saban era season. Saban started Wild Force to be the last of the Power Rangers series. Ninja Storm was the first official Disney Power Rangers series.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 04:02 PM   #3
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Wild Force is a Disney season .They already bought Power Rangers during Times Force's post production. And even had some influence on that. They definitely had influence over Wild Force. Its just the same production team was there and they still shot in the same place. Just because more changes were made with Ninja Storm doesn't mean a Disney owned Season can be part of the old Saban Era. Its not like every season in the old Saban Era was always the same tone.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 04:09 PM   #4
White Tiger Fan
Power Ranger

I'd rather consider it a Bhaumik Era Season. Since Amit wasn't in charge of the earlier Saban Seasons and of course not the Disney Era. I really wish Saban Brands put him in charge of the Neo Saban Era. They made him a consultant in Samurai but he had no real power and they didn't even keep him around.
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 04:20 PM   #5
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Its not Saban era . But it alsonis really only Disney era in name only. Even though Disney owned the show and had influence.....There was still enough of the old guard there to make it different..If anythinf you could call it an MMPR Productions season.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 04:36 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Now I know Saban had started pre-production on Wild Force and likely even did some casting before Disney completely took over but regardless of that and the fact that Saban's production team was still working on the show I don't believe it should be considered a Saban season.

Yes Disney allowed the team to do whatever it wanted (well within reason of course) but they also had to follow Disney's censorship rules.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 04:43 PM   #7
Wild Force Rider
Putty Patroller

I doesn't really matter to me since its was so good. But I guess it was a hybrid season.
Wild Force Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 04:50 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

I can understand why people are hesitant to call it a Disney Era season. Even though I am inclined to call it a Saban Season..I know it can't be officially considered that. You can't deny that it is different than the other Disney seasons. It is a bit different than some of the Saban Seasons too.Its Power Rangers wierd stepchild.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 05:09 PM   #9
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

Its hard not to consider it a Saban Season. Not just because of MMPR Productions (even though Lynn and Marchand were gone and Bhaumik in). But mainly because of "Forever Red" and all the connections to the Saban Era there. It was almost would be series finalie if Wild Force was the end. It was also the last in the longest slcycle for team ups. Which were scarce in the Disney and even Neo Saban Era.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/17, 12:36 AM   #10
Storm Hater
Putty Patroller

I consider it a Saban Season. Just based on tone and the production team being largely that same. It was certainly better than that crappy Ninja Storm.
Storm Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply