Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/07/15, 11:59 AM   #1
Dragonbuckler7
Putty Patroller

Default Megaforce and things that were changed. Directors leaving and money issues.

So with Megaforce done and gone I can't help but wonder about things that went wrong behind the scenes. James W. Bates left (or was he fired? That's why this thread exists) But I've heard through the Internet grapevine that he wrote the Vrak Returns episodes unaware of Robo Knight's unexplained reappearance in The Legendary Battle. Or something like that. What was the issue with that?
The Legendary Battle (Extended Version) had a brief second of US Robo Knight footage during the Rangers all out fight against Mavro. Any ideas concerning this footage? Any word about it from cast and crew? Not only that but when the Blue, Pink, Green, and Yellow Rangers battled Mavro's lacky, its US footage, but why film it if it never made it into the basic Legendary Battle episode? Plus the Sound Effects are not fully integrated during said fight.

Such oddities wouldn't you say? I recall talk of rewrites as well. But has anyone from the cast and crew ever gone into detail about what these rewrites encompassed? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but Megaforce has a lot of behind the scenes turmoil and I feel such a season warrants deep analysis.
Dragonbuckler7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/15, 12:04 PM   #2
JungleBeast
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Megaforce and things that were changed. Directors leaving and money issues.

entirety of (Super) Megaforce. The only thing that makes watching at least a little bit barrable is the cameos, but you have to sit trough some 20+ episodes to actually get to them.

This season is actually the reason I don't watch PR anymore. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed again. The Extended Version of the Legenday Battle IS disappointing because the entire thing is a debacle (and even more in its regular version), but the extra scenes - again - made the episode wachable for me.

So, yes... Jonathan Tzachor. Sure glad he was fired afterwards.
JungleBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/15, 11:26 AM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Megaforce and things that were changed. Directors leaving and money issues.

I personally loved "Legendary Battle" and thought Megaforce was great.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/15, 11:27 AM   #4
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Megaforce was crap just like every other season over the last decade that isn't first half RPM.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/15, 11:28 AM   #5
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

I really think Disney would have handled the finalie better if they adapted Super Megaforce.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/15, 04:38 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I personally loved "Legendary Battle" and thought Megaforce was great.
I don't. I thought there were some things at best decent about it but not much.

They really could have done so much more with the Legendary Battle instead of cheapening out the way they did.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/15, 12:21 PM   #7
White Tiger Fan
Power Ranger

If Amit wrote LB it would have been so much better. It just didn't live up to the greatness of "Forever Red"
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/15, 12:24 PM   #8
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

I really think they should have followed the Sentai and made it the opening battle. Expectations would be lower and it would make sense with how Megaforce ended up with the power ups.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/15, 06:23 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger Fan View Post
If Amit wrote LB it would have been so much better. It just didn't live up to the greatness of "Forever Red"
Normally I don't agree with you but in that case I might actually would've agreed with you. The Legendary Battle really needed a fan's touch with the ability to be creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Snob View Post
I really think they should have followed the Sentai and made it the opening battle. Expectations would be lower and it would make sense with how Megaforce ended up with the power ups.
I completely disagree. Power-ups or no power-ups it would've still been ruined since it wouldn't have lived up to a lot of people's expectations regardless of whether it was at the start of Megaforce, at the end of Megaforce, at the start of Super Megaforce or wherever its placement would've been. Expectations would have still been as high as they were regardless of where it was placed at.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply