Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/07/15, 06:47 PM   #1
Cyrax9
Putty Patroller

Default Film Rangers Being Secret

Back when Orci was involved, Haim Saban was insistent that the people working on the movie familiarize themselves with the show. This included watching various episodes from various seasons. One thing that's consistent is that some teams never seemed to really be aware of others, or what Power Rangers even were. Given how everybody misinterprets that one line from Prelude to a Storm, it would actually be kind of funny if there was some sort of denial to the existence of the Rangers in the movie, (by the villians or even jaded civilians,) that could be spun into a self–aware marketing campaign.
Cyrax9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/15, 06:49 PM   #2
johnboy34
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Film Rangers Being Secret

I would love that level of self-awareness in the ad campaign, though. Hell, have tagline be "We still exist" and I'll go see the movie three times on principle alone.
johnboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/15, 06:49 PM   #3
Cyrax9
Putty Patroller

I actually love the idea of the tagline being "We still exist," especially with the little information we do have suggesting that this would relate to the larger TV series universe in some way. "We still exist" could be a self–aware marketing campaign, but it could also be a way of saying that the original MMPR powers were never actually destroyed as we thought they were. That would make for an interesting twist in the plot that would allow this film and its team's origin story to stand out from the typical origin story that's been done to death.
Cyrax9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/15, 06:51 PM   #4
falconranger11
Putty Patroller

I'd say no to pseudo-sequels thank you.
falconranger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/15, 06:52 PM   #5
johnboy34
Putty Patroller

And I'd say yes, personally.
johnboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/15, 06:53 PM   #6
falconranger11
Putty Patroller

Why don't you want a clean origin? They need to make this for the masses first and foremost, the masses who haven't seen a Power Ranger in over 20 years. There are such things as a generation of children that don't know what a Power Ranger is. Nobody wants Superman Returns.
Old 05/07/15, 06:55 PM   #7
superfanmj94
Putty Patroller

Well I would assume someone would want a Power Rangers movie like that, if they liked Superman Returns. Fans of the show would probably be more likely to enjoy the movie if it wasn't just a straight origin like you keep saying. Not all most likely, but I would say a bunch would like a pseudo-sequel.
superfanmj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/15, 06:57 PM   #8
falconranger11
Putty Patroller

We should put other people who aren't fans of Power Rangers first by giving them the origin we know. It's only fair. It's not about what is delivered, it's how. And a movie version of Day of the Dumpster done with a little more character development and done in the same vein as the great superhero movies we're getting today is what we really need.
Old 05/07/15, 06:58 PM   #9
superfanmj94
Putty Patroller

I didn't say that they shouldn't do an origin like story, I'm just saying that a lot of Power Rangers fans probably don't just want a longer Day of the Dumpster. I know I really don't, but I can see why it could play out like that. Hopefully there would be enough changes and surprises where it isn't boring.
superfanmj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/15, 09:09 PM   #10
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

Kinda like the NS, "there just comic book heroes" angle that never really meant anything. In this case it would be fine if the movie was an AU like RPM.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply