Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Online Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/13/14, 03:16 PM   #11
MiChaos
Power Ranger

Default Re: saban's WORST Series

Lightspeed, how could I forget!

Don't mock fanfics, a lot of work, effort & dedication goes into them and most of them actually beat Lightspeed & some of the series named here!!
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/14, 03:17 PM   #12
Unregistered4
Shadow Ranger

Not like mine do. I am very creative I even co-wrote Astrorangers and I have a soundtrack for each one of my series at the Toei Sentai Fan Mania Headquarters. Each of mine actually surive a year not come out in december one year and then stop at four or five episodes or 13. I use a complete season of at least 50 maximum 61.
Old 05/13/14, 03:18 PM   #13
Unregistered5
Shadow Ranger

Kurublack: WOW! Big deal!! Fanfics are cool as long as you don't boast about how great yours is and give others credit! IMO the worst series ever has to be Masked Rider; bad actors who were also really annoying especially the main character himself which is not what the series needs!
Old 05/13/14, 03:18 PM   #14
Brunnen G Ranger
Shadow Ranger

They all truly sucked and were cool in their own way. But here's my list leading to the worst:
1. Power Rangers: You Know.

2. VR Troopers: Inconsistent Decent Crap. Along with what everybody else said.

3. TirNaNog: I actually liked it, it began decently and ended not totally somewhere in the middle. Along with what everybody else said. Etc.
{BTW the guy that played Ivar aka blue knight guy was last seen cursing extensively in one scene in a series called LEXX ep. 4.05 or 4.04 "Xevivor".
(I just thought I'd share that tid bit of information).}

4. Los Luchadores: It wouldn't be so bad if they went with some other concept than wrestling. Fishing maybe?

5. Masked Rider: Bring me KUUGA or AGITO uncut anyday! Ferbus was cute but I wouldn't mind if a megazord "accidentally" stepped on it and looked the other way.

6. TMNT: Everything that was cool in the cartoon was totally eradicated in the live-action. Really bad scripts and storylines!

7. Beetle Borgs: I can't say anything good about that show at all.

And last but not least

8. Teenage Beverley Hills Somthin(forgot name): It was really lame at the time when it was shown on the USA channel about four people who grow to Ultraman size people and combine into one big knight with a really pathetic finishing move. (It's not a saban series, but I had to get it off my chest).
Old 05/13/14, 03:19 PM   #15
Jason38UK
Comic Relief

I think the show you’re talking about was called "Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills". It was like was like a million Lightspeed Rescues and Ninja Turtles : TNM, thankfully as you've mentioned it wasn't made by Saban.
Jason38UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/14, 03:20 PM   #16
Brunnen G Ranger
Shadow Ranger

Thanks, I was wondering what the real title was.
Old 05/13/14, 03:20 PM   #17
Super Secret Mario
Shadow Ranger

Los Luchadores was made by Saban? I don't see why everyone doesn't like Lightspeed Rescue, I found it to be pretty good. I kinda liked Beatle Borgs, especially the Shadowborg mini-series, the season one finale, & the start of season two. (I never saw the season two finale so I can't comment on that).

I'm so secret, you will never find me in the Mario games!
Old 05/13/14, 03:21 PM   #18
Brunnen G Ranger
Shadow Ranger

Los Luchadores not made by Saban, well you're right, since you mention it, I think. I haven't really been trying to pay much attention to the series that anyway. Well at least I didn't put Samurai Superhuman Syber Squad (aka Gridman) as a Saban production. The fight scenes were overused.
Old 05/13/14, 03:22 PM   #19
Super Secret Mario
Shadow Ranger

Hey anyone know where I find info on this Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills?

I'm so secret, you will never find me in the Mario games!
Old 05/13/14, 03:23 PM   #20
Midnight Sayin Ranger
Shadow Ranger

Here's what I think:
Of all the live action, non Power Rangers shows mentioned (that I've actually heard of) here's what I liked and what I didn't like about each one (starting with the one I liked the best)

These first three, I like about the same
V.R Troopers: Way cool at first. The storyline and the characters were great. Plus, I liked the sub plot of Ryan trying to find his father. During the show's second season, things went downhill. The show became too much like Power Rangers. Ryan was in the spotlight all the time and Kaitlin and J.B. hardly ever were. (Dispite the fact that Ryan is my favorite V.R. character) And the episode plots began to get really stupid.

Masked Rider: For those who say T.J. Roberts was a bad actor, I will have to disagree. I thought he was good. Dex's character was what I liked best about the show (although, I think Saban could have not made him quote cermerchials all the time.) I also liked the family theme of the show. But, Magno and Chopper could have had more weapons on them (but I don't think that was Saban's fault.) A lot of the episodes were okay, some were awesome (Power Out and The Green Eyed Monster are my favorites) some were too cheesy for my taste, but if I were four or five, I would have found them enjoyable. Also, I didn't like the fact that Dex's Edenoite friends were hardly ever shown.

Mystic Knights: Awsome! Good plot! Great acting! Hardly anything to complain about except at the beginning all of the characters, except Angus and Garret, seemed flat. It did get better as the series went on, though. And why was there only one female knight? There should have been at least one more? Lennette would have made a good knight, so would Adeen, if she'd have stayed in human form.

Ninja Turtles: Okay. Great potential, but way too many stupid sound effects and the villians, give me a break! My kid brother could have taken these guys out. The good guys were great, though. I really liked the addition of Venus to the team.

BeetleBorgs: It had its moments. In season one, it was the Shadowborg sereis, in season two it was the Astro coins and Robo Borg sereis. Josh should not have disapeared after the Shadow Borg was gone and the Astro Borgs (all four not just Dragon Borg) should have been back to help more often.

The one thing I dislike about all these shows is they never really ended. There was no final episode where the hero(s) finished off the bad guys for good.

Oh! And there's one series that I think evreyone is forgeting. That's Digimon. Now that is a neat show, some of the dialouge is dumb, but overall, it's a neat series. Much better than all the other stupid cartoons Saban has flooded the airwaves with in the past (such as Spy Dogs and Mad Jack)
Post New ThreadReply