Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/01/14, 02:25 PM   #1
WhiteCrystalRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Mia from Samurai Being Related to Cam from Ninja Storm?

Yes, I know I'm probably not the only one who discussed this, but I figure it'd be nice to see what other people think on this subject. In a more recent episode of Power Rangers (Super) Samurai, it was revealed that Mia's last name was Wantanabe. There is of course already a popular character from Power Rangers lore with that last name: Cam, the Green Samurai Ranger from of course, Ninja Storm.

The question, as posed in the title, relation?

My two cents? I feel there's a strong chance. Why? Well, for those who recall Ninja Storm, Cam became the Samurai Ranger by retreiving the Samurai Amulet from his mother, the first female student at the Wind Ninja Academy, who in turn was trained in Samurai arts. I feel there's a connection there that Cam's mother could be from the Pink Samurai Ranger family, but instead of being chosen to be the Pink Ranger of that generation decided to save the world in a different way, going to the Wind Ninja Academy (fitting! Pink's power is wind!) and of course meeting Kanoi (and Cam) and of course Cam unlocking the Samurai magics of the Amulet and becoming a Ranger that way. Now obviously, Kanoi has the last name Wantanabe, but I feel that is probably the case of the fact he's a humble ninja, and she comes from what would be considered royalty as her family is Samurai. So it makes sense he would take her namesake and not the other way around.

Anyone else catch this or do they have an alternate point of view? Cause that's all I got, only that it'd be a cool fanwank to see Mia and Cam team up for an episode. Mind you, that would be a logical reason as to how Kanoi discovered the Morphing Grid and merely passed the knowledge down to his son to perfect, thus creating the Ninja Storm powers.
WhiteCrystalRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 04:39 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Mia from Samurai Being Related to Cam from Ninja Storm?

It'd be a nice and cool idea to have both Cam and Mia be related not just because of their last name being the same but also because of their Samurai powers but I personally don't think that they are related.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 08:25 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Not a bad theory. It would be interesting if Cam's mom was somehow part of the Samurai families. Cam's mom obviously predates Mia, she wasn't part of the current generation. So not like there isn't room for her to be a relative of someone.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 08:29 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Yes Miko does predate them as well (at least in the case of Case himself and the current line of the Samurai powers) but how far back Samurai actually goes we just don't know since it was stated that Jayden was the 18th Red Samurai Ranger but whether that actually means there were 17 others that took on the fight against the Nighlok before him... we just don't have a clue about that.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply