Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/03/06, 06:55 AM   #1
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Kalish returns for Operation Overlystupid.

And now for a quote from 2 guys who each are probably more intelligent than 9 tenths of the board:
Quote:
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind now. Disney's through with producing PR. PROO will finish out the contract with Village Roadshow, and allow it to end with the big 15th anniversary. Renewing Kalish is a matter of merely not wanting to put someone new and inexperienced in the position with only one year to do it all.

Yeah, yeah, you can harken back to the old broken record of, "Him hate Brucie cuz him Doogie freidn!" Go right ahead, it's expected. But I know the show far well enough to say the track it's on now is "do big or die quick". And as Kalish has admitted he has absolutely no desire to learn from any mistakes, his chances are about as good at making the show into a near-MMPR, or hell, even a near-PRLG, phenomenon, are as good as my becoming the Celestial Madonna.
Quote:
Realistically, the show's on a downward spiral, has been for years, MF's episode slashing is an act of desperation PR could never have recovered from -- how do you tell the beancounters to restore the episode totals to a show that costs markedly more to produce than Disney Channel fare, because the last guy had a "bad year" -- and ultimately it's probably for the best to let PR lay for a few years.

The reruns do good business, the old toys will always get trotted out by Bandai every few years, and I'm sure we'll see people in funny suits at the Disney parks for decades to come. So what's the harm in killing new episodes of the franchise? With PR buried, hindsight will let us selectively fix the mistakes of all the various regimes. One hopes future producers might do the same.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/06, 09:13 AM   #2
Phantom/Ranger
Power Ranger

?

<span style=\'color:yellow\'><span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\'>[b]GOLD RANGER POWER[/b]</span></span>
Phantom/Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/06, 06:35 PM   #3
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

NOOOOOOO, PR IS DOOMED!!. Maybe someone can sub Sentai and air it on Toon Disney, Maybe try American Kamen Rider, Starting with Kuuga (Its OK, We'd get to Ryukii and Blade in a a few years or so)
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/06, 03:34 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Aug 3 2006, 10:55 AM
Kalish returns for Operation Overlystupid.

And now for a quote from 2 guys who each are probably more intelligent than 9 tenths of the board:
Quote:
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind now. Disney's through with producing PR. PROO will finish out the contract with Village Roadshow, and allow it to end with the big 15th anniversary. Renewing Kalish is a matter of merely not wanting to put someone new and inexperienced in the position with only one year to do it all.

Yeah, yeah, you can harken back to the old broken record of, "Him hate Brucie cuz him Doogie freidn!" Go right ahead, it's expected. But I know the show far well enough to say the track it's on now is "do big or die quick". And as Kalish has admitted he has absolutely no desire to learn from any mistakes, his chances are about as good at making the show into a near-MMPR, or hell, even a near-PRLG, phenomenon, are as good as my becoming the Celestial Madonna.
Quote:
Realistically, the show's on a downward spiral, has been for years, MF's episode slashing is an act of desperation PR could never have recovered from -- how do you tell the beancounters to restore the episode totals to a show that costs markedly more to produce than Disney Channel fare, because the last guy had a "bad year" -- and ultimately it's probably for the best to let PR lay for a few years.

The reruns do good business, the old toys will always get trotted out by Bandai every few years, and I'm sure we'll see people in funny suits at the Disney parks for decades to come. So what's the harm in killing new episodes of the franchise? With PR buried, hindsight will let us selectively fix the mistakes of all the various regimes. One hopes future producers might do the same.
I'm curious who are the people you quoted?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/06, 06:33 AM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote 1=SirStack
Quote 2=Cmdr Crayfish
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/06, 01:14 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Aug 14 2006, 10:33 AM
Quote 1=SirStack
Quote 2=Cmdr Crayfish
I had a feeling it was one of those guys or one of their peers. What they said certianly makes sense. Of course they have been wrong before.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/06, 02:47 PM   #7
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

They said that??, WE'RE DOOMED!!!
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply