Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/07/15, 07:10 AM   #1
jeddalo
Putty Patroller

Default Regarding the Monster suits

I always wondered this and maybe someone here can answer this for me, were the suits on the show for the main villain cast and monster of the day, were those taken directly from Toei for Saban to use OR were they replicated? I ask because I'm sure most of the suit actors in Japan were a little shorter than the suit actors for MMPR and such, I only assume this because I did research and the actor who played Gasha Skull (Rito Revolto) is only 5'5" and I'm sure that Danny Wayne is taller than that, can anyone help clerify this?
jeddalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/15, 07:10 AM   #2
grnrngr
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Regarding the Monster suits

Same suits with rare exception.
grnrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 09:12 PM   #3
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

I noticed it. I always thought he had a different va for season 1 and was susprised it was the same va. I think his voice changed during the Zyu2 episodes.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 11:12 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I personally hate boards that deny topic drift. I never want mods to derail discussions, even if they go off topic. Obviously if there is trouble than thats a different story.In some cases we may split topics if we think its a good idea. But for the most part we will leave the thread intact
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/18, 11:21 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I personally hate boards that deny topic drift. I never want mods to derail discussions, even if they go off topic. Obviously if there is trouble than thats a different story.In some cases we may split topics if we think its a good idea. But for the most part we will leave the thread intact
indeed regardless of whether a thread drifts away from a topic or not it doesn't matter since topic drifting isn't a violation of OUR rules and we're the only ones as the Board Leaders who can set those rules and when it comes down to it topic drifting just isn't a big deal there are other bigger headaches to worry about than just topic drifting.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/15, 07:10 AM   #6
PeasAndCorn
Comic Relief

Yeah, typically they are shipped over along with props and other stuff the production crew don't want to make from scratch (motorcycles would be shipped, I'd imagine). Moving to NZ saved on shipping for obvious reasons.
PeasAndCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/15, 07:10 AM   #7
grnrngr
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasAndCorn View Post
(motorcycles would be shipped, I'd imagine)
Sometimes (always?) just the additions/modifications are sent.
grnrngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/15, 08:15 AM   #8
PeasAndCorn
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrngr View Post
Sometimes (always?) just the additions/modifications are sent.
Ahh so the custom fairings are just bolted onto a bike bought locally? Would be cheaper.
PeasAndCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/18, 10:33 AM   #9
Silvy In Space
Putty Patroller

I am not surprised the staff lets us go off topic. It keeps the threads alive longer.
Silvy In Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/18, 12:03 PM   #10
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvy In Space View Post
I am not surprised the staff lets us go off topic. It keeps the threads alive longer.
indeed how much can you really discuss about suits anyway? people can ask questions like which characters had re-made suits or didn't but that's basically it along with stuff like what suits they had gotten over the years regardless of what their condition was since they had gotten King Sphinx sent to them but only his head survived same with Scorpina's Monster Form we're only aware of her tail, boots and claws surviving since they had her tail, boots and claws re-purposed as 1 of Count Dregon's Plague Patrollers (some parts of them come from Zyuranger Dora Monsters, Dairanger Gorma Monsters and Kakuranger youkai the youkai were their villains' names)
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply