Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/24/14, 11:29 PM   #1
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default "Passing the Torch"

Anyone else get confused on why Zordon and Demitria would release their Rangers mid fight for a younger crew? Makes no sense and I don't buy the letting them move on excuse. Why the heck did they get rid of a variety veteran Ranger team when they had to know full well Spector was getting ready to make his move. They should have came up with a better way to write off team.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 02:34 PM   #2
Lord Leo
Ranger In Training

Default Re: "Passing the Torch"

Makes no sense. Especially since we have had many Ranger teams since than that have been older than the Turbo Rangers. Also Rangers dont just give up being Rangers for personal reasons like they did in the Zordon Era. I think Zordon since saw the Rangers as interchangeable and replaceable. He was probably arrogant enough to assume that evil would always lose if he was around.
Lord Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 05:32 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Anyone else get confused on why Zordon and Demitria would release their Rangers mid fight for a younger crew? Makes no sense and I don't buy the letting them move on excuse. Why the heck did they get rid of a variety veteran Ranger team when they had to know full well Spector was getting ready to make his move. They should have came up with a better way to write off team.
at the time yes it was confusing but it was originally planned to be revealed that The Millennium Message was responsible for Adam, Kat, Tanya and Tommy retiring and passing their powers over to Carlos, Cassie, Ashley and T.J.
You can see some purposeful intentions based on Divatox's seeing of the message in episodes that have some of the new Rangers before they become Rangers.
Carlos and Ashley were attacked at the soccer field by Piranhatrons on purpose and that was because of Divatox's knowledge of the message... she knew Carlos and Ashley would become Rangers that would get in her way as well as the next villain's way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Leo View Post
Makes no sense. Especially since we have had many Ranger teams since than that have been older than the Turbo Rangers. Also Rangers dont just give up being Rangers for personal reasons like they did in the Zordon Era. I think Zordon since saw the Rangers as interchangeable and replaceable. He was probably arrogant enough to assume that evil would always lose if he was around.
Actually it would have made more sense if Turbo didn't have the whole crew shake up since originally Blue Senturion's message was going to be fixed so that the Rangers could get his Millennium Message as well and as I stated earlier in my post Divatox actually saw the whole message so she knew Carlos and Ashley were going to become Rangers which is why she attempted to send P-trons down to take care of them and when that didn't work she tried to use a detonator to blow up the soccer field which would have taken Carlos and Ashley with it.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 06:57 PM   #4
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

But at the same time what makes the new guys more capable of fighting the UAE than the old?
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 07:01 PM   #5
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

The Mellenium Message not being dropped would make more sense. But Codfish has a point about the new kids not having the qualifitions that the old team did. I think they should have had the season Turbos get called to Eltar to help Zordon. To help him defend the universe. With them transfering their Turbo Powers over.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 07:04 PM   #6
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

But what powers would Tommy's team use?
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 07:11 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

I like Starbrite's idea. Having the Rangers go on a mission to Eltar would feel better to me than them just moving on with their lives in the middle of an invasion.

I would say just say they were becoming Zeo Rangers. Justin would stay behind with the newbies. And Rocky would be sent a long to Eltar in his place. This would have cleaned up some of the Zeo plot holes too. Plus would make for some good fanon over the years.

My main problem with the change over was that it just happened out of no where with only a little explanation. And we were just expected to go with these new Rangers. Their intros were pretty good. But they did a poor job of just dropping them in as Rangers. We never even got an episode with them morphing the first time.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 10:17 PM   #8
Astronema
Power Ranger

I did like how it introduced the Space Rangers and let us get to know the future Space team. I do agree that the old Turbos deserved a more dramatic exit.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply