Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/04/17, 07:22 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Movie Rita's Powers

Does her powers to create monsters have something to do with a misuse of her Green Power Coins? Or are they separate powers? How did she get them?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:23 PM   #2
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Re: Movie Rita's Powers

Probably a little bit of both. She could be from a species that can create avatars or monsters. She probably uses the Green Coin to augment this ability.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:25 PM   #3
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

This goes back to the idea of Rita being a former Green Ranger being a cop out. Her powers work much better separate from Ranger Powers. There could be another reason why she has the Green Coin in her possession.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:26 PM   #4
Blue Ranger Gone Bad
Ranger In Training

They could have had her be the girlfriend of the original Green. With his or her death leading to Rita becoming evil. They could even have left this to be explained later if they really wanted to keep her backstory vague for the first film.
Blue Ranger Gone Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:31 PM   #5
Knights of Ren
Comic Relief

I don't mind movie Rita's origin at all . Its actually pretty cool to have her be a former Ranger that went bad. And gives us a perfect reason for why she has the Green coin. I am sure they will explain why Rita went bad in sequels or comic book continuations.

I think Rita is using the Morphing Grid in an evil way to create Goldar and the Putties. This also involves the Green Coin. Its probably an ability no Ranger is supposed to use. Its the dark side of the Morphing Grid or some equivalent. They will have to come up with a way for her to use this ability without the Green Powers in the possible sequel.
Knights of Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:34 PM   #6
Lord Zedd
Putty Patroller

Zedd most likely gave her the ability in addition to her Green Powers. Zordon said she wanted more power. Zedd gave it to her in exchange for her the Zeo Crystal and the deaths of her "friends". Once Rjta"s betrayal was complete she was going to keep the Crystal for herself and doublecross Zedd.
Lord Zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:37 PM   #7
Jedi Ranger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights of Ren View Post
I don't mind movie Rita's origin at all . Its actually pretty cool to have her be a former Ranger that went bad. And gives us a perfect reason for why she has the Green coin. I am sure they will explain why Rita went bad in sequels or comic book continuations.

I think Rita is using the Morphing Grid in an evil way to create Goldar and the Putties. This also involves the Green Coin. Its probably an ability no Ranger is supposed to use. Its the dark side of the Morphing Grid or some equivalent. They will have to come up with a way for her to use this ability without the Green Powers in the possible sequel.
I like that theory. The Morphing Grid has always felt like the force in Star Wars.
Jedi Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:39 PM   #8
Overdrive Omega
Comic Relief

Well except for Alpha being able to teleport into it in Overdrive for some reason.
Overdrive Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/17, 07:52 PM   #9
Die Hard
Putty Patroller

She was definitely a lot different from the Rita I remember from when I watched the show. Unless this is what Mystic Mother was like? That was what they called her later on right? I read something about it somewhere when I was trying to learn about what happened all these years.
Die Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/17, 09:49 PM   #10
Polly Want A Megazord
Comic Relief

Im not a big fan of Rita as a former Ranger. It doesn't make much sense.
Polly Want A Megazord is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply