Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/29/14, 04:41 PM   #1
Moesislak
Shadow Ranger

Default The timeline doesn't make sense to me

I watched super mega force and it looks like earth is like 2014 but I saw Power Rangers 10 years ago where mankind was advanced enough to go into space and other worlds. Does the show not make earths timeline linear? If not then technically these rangers cant use all the legendary Ranger powers since some happen in the future.
Old 10/29/14, 04:42 PM   #2
TrickyDicky007
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: The timeline doesn't make sense to me

It is linear. The people of earth do have space travel technology (as seen in Lost Galaxy), they just haven't used it on screen.

Quote:
If not then technically these rangers cant use all the legendary Ranger powers since some happen in the future.
Time travel? It's possible in the PR universe.
Old 10/29/14, 04:43 PM   #3
soul_reaver265
Shadow Ranger

A theory that has been floating around with regards to the Ranger Keys is that when Rangers from the future traveled into the past (see: the entirety of Time Force, or the SPD/Dino Thunder crossover "Wormhole") or if a Ranger traveled between dimensions (ala Samurai's "Clash Of The Red Rangers") it formed a touchstone in the present timeline's Morphing Grid, with which Gosei could access those powers and forge the corresponding Ranger Keys.
Old 10/29/14, 04:49 PM   #4
drei85
Shadow Ranger

They probably can't use their space travel technology much because of the evil armada. Anyway, they haven't connected the Silver Ranger's zord with Time Force, have they?
Old 10/29/14, 04:51 PM   #5
soul_reaver265
Shadow Ranger

Quote:
They haven't connected the Silver Ranger's zord with Time Force, have they?
To quote a line from the episode "Silver Lining, Part 2"...

Quote:
Troy: Orion, you've unlocked the Q-Rex Megazord. With it, you can take your fight against The Armada to a whole new level.
Combined with the fact that the Quantum Ranger Key is needed to access and control the Zord, and the connection is there.

We all have our problems, some just hide it better.
Old 02/17/15, 02:56 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Everything in the TV series (excluding RPM) is meant to be within the same continuity. Yes they've gone to Space before but that doesn't mean anything since that's not a power other teams use. Ranger teams prefer to stick to their own weapons.

Also the timeline in Power Rangers has been messed up for years.

1. Zordon recruited the first team of Power Rangers on Earth but this is retcon because of Wild West.
2. Adam, Aisha and Rocky's ancestors were the first to harness the powers of the Power Rangers despite the fact it doesn't make any sense since obviously Zack, Trini and Jason's ancestors should have been 3 of the ones that first harnessed the powers of the Rangers.
3. No explanation for the Alpha versions between Wild West and the present day.
4. No explanations for how the Command Center/Power Chamber would get decorated for the holidays.
5. Ninjor being claimed to be a myth even though he was pretty well known in the universe since he gave the Battle Borgs to the Alien Rangers.
6. Zordon and Alpha 5 not knowing Trey despite the fact that Zordon said that the only way an ally could know their names is if they knew him.
7. No explanation for how info regarding the Rescuezords and Phantom Ranger got into the Turbo Megazord's computer data banks when the Rangers themselves were the ones that created them.
8. No explanation for how the Quasar Sabers got placed in the stone on Mirinoi.
9. No explanation for how a simple human (Miss Fairweather) could create Ranger powers and Ranger weaponry with no prior knowledge of the Ranger technology.
10. No explanation for where the Machine Empire, Divatox and Astronema were all at while Rita was in control.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/15, 01:14 AM   #7
Outer Sailor
Comic Relief

RPM had crossed over before to our demension. SPD and Time Force both went back in time. So its far from out of the realm of possibility that Gosei would know of them.
Outer Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply