Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 02/18/08, 09:50 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default "Welcome to the Jungle" - The Official Jungle Fury Discussion Talkback

Well the preimere was very enjoyable to me. Very different from OO, kind of like NS in a way.

I liked how the Red Ranger is more inexperiance and was chosen the way he was. The angry student not being chosen was interesting. It was pretty predictable that he was possessed by the big bad.

I like RJ as a mentor. Its nice to have a zany mentor for a change. Deep down he really knows his stuff. I love how he explained how he he had the glasses connected to the grid. It was also nice to see that they knew about Power Rangers.

I like how Red needed to be trained and was slow to learn things. Yet seems to have a lot of potential. The seen where Theo teaches him was a cool.

Camille is interesting. She looked familar, I didn't know she was the actress that played Leelee.

There was one part that I hated and really brought things down for me. The zord battle was ruined by that talking fly. I just couldn't get into it. I am told that its from Gekiranger and that it makes sense if you watched Geki. I just don't know how I am going to be able to enjoy the zord battles with that fly talking over them. I wouldn't have adapted that part of the show At least not with him talking over everything.
Old 02/18/08, 11:03 PM   #2
Sweetened Angel
Power Ranger

i think this episode doing well. i like camille dress, hair and makeup she look really pretty.

8/10
Old 02/18/08, 11:40 PM   #3
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

i love filt the fly watching battle
Old 02/19/08, 02:06 AM   #4
bcr1
Putty Patroller

diseny keep fly for prjf and fly name is flit
Old 02/19/08, 02:26 AM   #5
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

"Enter the Jungle"? Seriously?

::adjusts thread title::
Old 02/19/08, 02:49 AM   #6
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, I actually liked this. This was one heck of a refreshing change from the crap that was Overdrive. I had absolutely no hope for this series going in, but, now, I might actually watch this. The next few episodes are going to be crucial, but, at least none of the characters are horrible, none have over-annoying voices (ie. Tyzonne, Dax, Ronnie, Sentinal Knight, etc.), and they all seem to be semi-decent actors. And, I really liked RJ. I want to see where they take him (GekiViolet anyone?)

I give it an 8.5 out of 10. I didn't enjoy the fly. I don't mind the fly, per se. In fact, I was quite happy to see some throwback to Gekiranger. But, I just wish they would tone him down, and turn the volume up on the fight. You couldn't hear anything going on in the actual fight while the fly was doing his commentary. Fortunately, I don't think Gekiranger used the fly in every episode, so odds are good that he won't appear in every ep of Jungle Fury. *crosses fingers*

Chris
Old 02/19/08, 06:35 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats what I get for not double checking. Thanks.
Old 02/20/08, 08:57 AM   #8
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
The zord battle was ruined by that talking fly.
I always liked the fly in Gekiranger.

Quote:
I am told that its from Gekiranger and that it makes sense if you watched Geki.
I told you he played a pivotal role in Purple's story, not that his sports announcer job during zord battles would make since.

Quote:
I just don't know how I am going to be able to enjoy the zord battles with that fly talking over them.
You'll just have to accept it and move on, or learn to love it, or always tape the show then fast forward through the zord battles.
Old 02/20/08, 01:49 PM   #9
BlueRider
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
I always liked the fly in Gekiranger.

I told you he played a pivotal role in Purple's story, not that his sports announcer job during zord battles would make since.

You'll just have to accept it and move on, or learn to love it, or always tape the show then fast forward through the zord battles.
Or just mute the tv.
Old 02/20/08, 07:11 PM   #10
bcr1
Putty Patroller

guy play piggy on spd and that guy voice of flit the fly
Post New ThreadClosed Thread