Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/15/15, 07:00 PM   #1
CaratCake
Putty Patroller

Default The New Dub - General Consensus

Now that all of Season 1 has been dubbed and uploaded, I was wondering what the general consensus is! (I hadn't seen a general dub thread)

Do you guys think the voices match the characters well? Are the emotional deliveries effective? Do you prefer it over the DiC dub, vice versa, etc, etc
CaratCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/15, 12:20 PM   #2
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

Default Re: The New Dub - General Consensus

I can't get into it. Its nothing like the DIC dub. I miss those bgms and voices. The sounds of the characters are all off. At least Cloverway kept much of the cast from the DIC dub.
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/15, 12:22 PM   #3
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

I like it. Its much closer to the original anime than the Dic adaption. The voices are growing on me.I love having the Japanese music cues. Its also nice seeing the eps skipped in the original dub.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/15, 01:19 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic Dubber View Post
I can't get into it. Its nothing like the DIC dub. I miss those bgms and voices. The sounds of the characters are all off. At least Cloverway kept much of the cast from the DIC dub.
I haven't seen a lot of the new dub since it's only available on Hulu Plus at the moment but I can say I don't like Usagi or Luna's voices.

Now in the case of the Cloverway dub that would actually be incorrect. Most of the Sailor Soldiers got replaced.

Serena/Sailor Moon = She's had 3 different actresses the only character in the Sailor Moon dub that has had more than 2 actresses. The second one; Terri Hawkes was unable to return due to being pregnant.
Amy/Sailor Mercury = Karen Bernstein was only there for the DiC dub she elected to not return for the Cloverway dubs.
Mina/Venus = Stephanie Morgenstern was only her voice during the DiC dub.
Raye/Mars = Katie Griffin was only there for the DiC dub.
Lita/Jupiter = Susan Roman remained her voice throughout the whole time between DiC and Cloverway dubs.
Rini = Tracey Hot was only there for the DiC dub.
Sailor Pluto = She had 2 actresses as well, 1 for the DiC dub and 1 for the Cloverway dub.

so as you can see none of the main cast except for Lita/Sailor Jupiter, Luna and Artemis had kept the same actors/actresses.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/15, 04:26 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Didn't Katie Griffen actually not come back for the final 17 of R but ended up returning for S and SuperS?

Don't forget the voice actor for Darien. He was replaced for the final 17 and all the way through SuperS.

The new dub is also off right now so they can sell DVDs. The new sub is up though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/15, 05:58 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

not that I'm aware of in Katie's case.

ah yes I forgot about Darien... he had at least 2 voice actors throughout the whole dub.
Old 01/22/15, 06:57 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Now that I think about it. The voice actor for artimise did the dub voice of Darien for the first 20s or so like the first Serena.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/15, 07:30 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

I'm not sure if it was actually (Ron) Rubin that did that voice or if it was someone by the name of Toby.
Post New ThreadReply