Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/24/11, 11:04 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default What do you think about using the Tommy character in VR Troopers?

Its well known by now that the original plan would have been to use Jason David Frank as Adam Steele in Cybertron ( the show that became VR Troopers).

Thats gets me thinking about what VR Troopers would have been like with a similar idea, except with JDF actually playing Tommy Oliver. It would have made it a true spin off of PR. We didn't know much about Tommy's past, especially at that point. So it wouldn't have been a stretch to write in the lost father storyline. Crossworld's City could have been Tommy's childhood home. With JB and Kaitlin as his old friends.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/11, 01:20 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: What do you think about using the Tommy character in VR Troopers?

So VR Troopers would have been taken place after he stopped being the GR or before he was the GR?

If before, *YAWN* prequels suck, you know how it will turnout why bother.

If after, be great if it permanently ended his ability to morph into a PR.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/11, 08:35 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

That would be cool I thought of writing a fanfic about that but A) that seems like something everyone else has thought of, and B) it probably wouldn't be all that different from how VR Troopers turned out.

I did have this idea of using it as a means of explaining the Battle Grid suits like maybe Tommy still had a small connection to the morphing grid that caused some weird interference with their powers when they got sent to the Battle Grid

I also had this idea if I ever did a cross over with Power Rangers of having a Kimberly/Tommy/Kaitlin love triangle
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/11, 09:56 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
So VR Troopers would have been taken place after he stopped being the GR or before he was the GR?

If before, *YAWN* prequels suck, you know how it will turnout why bother.

If after, be great if it permanently ended his ability to morph into a PR.
I was thinking that it would take place after "Green Candle". So in this senario Tommy never got his powers back. This isn't a prequel idea.
Old 05/14/11, 06:44 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

This may sound weird but I read this fanfic about Tommy finding out he's Ryan's long lost brother, and joining the Troopers after he stops being a ranger.

The weird thing is it got me thinking what if that happened, and Tommy brought his brother David, and the became Gavan, and Sharivan to go with Ryan being Shaider.
Old 05/16/11, 02:08 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

That would be interesting. Sounds a bit far fetched though. Maybe if it would have been done after Green Candle or season 2 Tommy.
Old 05/16/11, 05:33 PM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

Well I was thinking along the lines of VR Troopers having a third season, and Tommy, and the others leaving right at the beginning of Turbo when that happens but your probably right.

Maybe if Tommy was the leader of the VR Troopers, and Ryan was the White Ranger I could figure something out.

EDIT: I don't I just thought of something what if instead of Master Vile turning back time, and the Alien Rangers arc they had this great big final battle with Zedd, and Rita that concluded the MMPR storyline, and Zeo was when they started rebooting the show every year like in Lost Galaxy?

Last edited by Zabitan; 08/13/11 at 09:18 PM.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
jason david frank, power rangers