Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/19/11, 10:56 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default What if there was a Power Rangers/VR Troopers crossover?

What would you want to see?

I'm not too sure about a story, but I do know that I would like to have seen it during MMPR's season 3/VRT season 2.

Like maybe having the Troopers discover some more of the ancient Egyptian magic-tech from Grimlord's Dark Secret, and Zedd, and Rita being interested in it since it turns to actually be lost Eltarian technology or at least be reverse engineered from it.

And the civilian story could be that there's this big Angel Grove/Crossworld City martial arts tournament.

I also would have liked to see this huge battle with the Ninja Rangers, and the Battle Grid Troopers fighting Tengas, and Ultra Skugs.

And have Enraenra, Keukegen, or Ittanmomen be the MOTD since they're all monsters from Kakuranger that weren't adapted into Power Rangers.

Also have an American fight scene with the Troopers in the full armor even if it's just them shooting lasers at the MOTD.

Also have the Troopertron in the Zord fight even if it was just splicing footage together.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/11, 05:34 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: What if there was a Power Rangers/VR Troopers crossover?

I'm not so sure about a story either. But I do think it should be done in the 2nd season of VR Troopers since they were using American footage for their evil lair.

The Eltarian magic tech angle would have been interesting.

Who knows if they could have even used what Bandai calls Steamy Meanie or Calcifire. We have no clue if MMPR Productions ever got the suits. We do know they had the Keukegen suit though.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/11, 07:20 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Huh I didn't know that.

Was he ever on the show?

At least that tells me who to use.
Old 12/21/11, 01:24 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Yes, he was. He was usually seen as an extra in Master Vile's lone Monster Conference. The Fish Cyclops thing also would have been an option since it was seen in the Machine Arena. I believe the Cyclops' Kakuranger name was Kasabake.

Basically the only Kakuranger monsters that have no evidence of whether Saban ever had them or not are Dorotabou, Konakijijii, Enraenra, Ittan-momen, Sunakake Babaa and Yuki-Onna. All others were used in some way even if it was just a background case like being in Master Vile's Monster Conference, being seen in the Machine Arena or even being used for a hybrid monster. Also we don't know if they had the other Barbaric suit.

Oh yeah and we don't know about Professor Long Nose either since he was the only monster in Season 3 that didn't get new footage. Granted Parrot Top didn't get new footage either but his suit was used. Granted it wasn't used in Power Rangers but it was used.

I checked out a website that documented the ebay aunctions of various monsters back in like 2002 or 2003... and they did indeed have Steamy Meany and Calcifire since they were 2 of the monster suits that Disney sold on ebay.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/21/11 at 04:29 PM. Reason: checked out a website
Old 12/22/11, 06:38 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Huh interesting I just want one that can easily be passed as a robot.
Old 12/22/11, 09:05 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

As a robot? I suppose the unused mutant from "Timeranger vs GoGoV" could work. We don't know if Saban had the suit but Disney certainly did since they used it with Deviot's head in order to make a cameo monster. However it depends on when they were going to shoot this... If they shot it around the time they were doing MMPR3 and VRT2 then they would need to use 1 of those monsters. Even an unused Ohranger monster could have worked since they did end up using the Police Office in "Ohranger" for the monster in the Ninja Turtles/Space teamup.

Edited: I think Chief Officer Jiaxu looks robotic enough but only the full suit. We know they had the suit, we just don't know if Saban actually kept it or not since it was a Dairanger suit and you never saw Dairanger stuff after MMPR ended excluding the White Ranger suit (and I think Saba) in the Power Chamber case.

Iron Face Zhang Liao would also be a good possibility however he didn't have a full helmet.
Silent Knight would also be a good option but I don't believe he had a full helmet either. But we don't know if they even had the Silent Knight suit or not.

Kakuranger's Shirouneri also kind of looks... well kind of robotish.

Nopperabou would also be a good option.

Yukionna doesn't look too bad. She could pass as a robot.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/22/11 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12/22/11, 10:11 PM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

Huh Interesting.

The reason I asked is because I was thinking of having the monster be called Phantombot, and have them be created by Zedd, and Rita combining their magic with Grimlord's technology.

Other than that I guess just use both an unused Kakuranger monster, and an unused Shaider one. since there's plenty of both.
Old 12/22/11, 11:46 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

you weren't kidding about Shaider. Glad I'm not gonna be comparing that any time soon, lol.

Anyway they could do the option of combining suits. It wouldn't be the first time they did it.

To name a few of their monsters that have been recycled monster suts:

Turkey Jerk
Snow Monster
Waspicable
Grumble the Magic Elf
Repellator
Plague Patrollers
Metal Mangler
monster in Turtles/Space teamup

Not to mention the Mut-Orgs had at least 2-3 different parts of old Sentai suits... 1 even had a B-Fighter monster part.
Old 12/23/11, 10:55 AM   #9
Zabitan
Administrator

Hmm makes sense to me.
Old 03/27/12, 09:56 PM   #10
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Considering that the two shows take place in different universes, plus that VR Troopers isn't doing any new episodes, a crossover between the two shows isn't possible. :(
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
crossover, power rangers, vr troopers