Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/09/17, 01:19 AM   #1
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Default Re: Did Kim write the note for Tommy's own good?

Kim did the right thing. I also was not fond of how she broke up with him, but it's not like he had the option to leave the team and go to wherever she was and be with her.

She did break his heart, but she probably met someone else and was in an uncomfortable position. I've seen people break up because of someone else (like a third person) being in the game. It's not pretty. But she wanted him to know because she cared about him. She didn't want to be called a cheater or even something worse that is not to be mentioned on a board.

Plus she had a secret identity as a Power Ranger (provided that her coach did not know about her being a Ranger). So she couldn't use that as an argument to stay with Tommy. So by letting him go, she spared herself a lot of problems. Plus she became a known athletic and if someone from the media would find out about her and Tommy's Power Ranger stuff, it'd change her and the Rangers' lives for the worse. And that was the exact same reason why Cassidy and Devin turned over their tape to Tommy in "Thunder Struck, Part II". It would make a mess of Tommy's life and also, primarily Conner's, Kira's, Ethan's and Trent's lives.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/17, 08:27 AM   #2
Blastr Zack
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Kim did the right thing. I also was not fond of how she broke up with him, but it's not like he had the option to leave the team and go to wherever she was and be with her.

She did break his heart, but she probably met someone else and was in an uncomfortable position. I've seen people break up because of someone else (like a third person) being in the game. It's not pretty. But she wanted him to know because she cared about him. She didn't want to be called a cheater or even something worse that is not to be mentioned on a board.

Plus she had a secret identity as a Power Ranger (provided that her coach did not know about her being a Ranger). So she couldn't use that as an argument to stay with Tommy. So by letting him go, she spared herself a lot of problems. Plus she became a known athletic and if someone from the media would find out about her and Tommy's Power Ranger stuff, it'd change her and the Rangers' lives for the worse. And that was the exact same reason why Cassidy and Devin turned over their tape to Tommy in "Thunder Struck, Part II". It would make a mess of Tommy's life and also, primarily Conner's, Kira's, Ethan's and Trent's lives.
Good points , I never thought of the celebrity risk. I guess its a good think Tommy and Heather didn't work out either.
Blastr Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/17, 09:06 AM   #3
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastr Zack View Post
Good points , I never thought of the celebrity risk. I guess its a good think Tommy and Heather didn't work out either.
If you think about it, the Zeo writers actually took multiple plots into the mix when it came to "There's No Business Like Snow Business":
- The Machine's Empire plot in the episode arc itself.
- The idea of Kat & Tommy becoming a couple.
- Kim becoming a known celebrity and that being a risk to her, Tommy and their friends because of their secret identities as Power Rangers if she stayed with him.
- Tommy & Heather NOT working out since it'd end the same between them anyway.

Come to think of it, the writers were basically telling us why Kim had to break up with Tommy with the whole Heather storyline. They actually JUSTIFIED Kim's "Dear John" letter and in a good way.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/17, 10:18 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I knew Shulki was the showrunner back then, but I didn't realize Sloan had more power than Tzachor in Zeo. I always thought Tzachor was still his boss back then.
nope Tzachor didn't have any powers back then otherwise we would've gotten more copy-and-paste stuff
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply