Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/21/14, 06:36 PM   #21
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Default Re: How would Disney have done VR Troopers?

The first several episodes didnt even feel like Power Rangers. When Judd took over it did a little bit. The Dillion stuff was just silly melodrama. I didn't mind Ziggy because he was funny.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 06:37 PM   #22
Sailor Kitty
Putty Patroller

Doctor K was pretty funny too. I'm liked RPM because it was more original. I thought the post apocalyptic storyline was exciting. Dillion was a great Ranger. RPM was a ton of fun.
Sailor Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 06:44 PM   #23
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

RPM is my favorite season. It was jlsuch a breath of fresh air after years of heavily slaving to Sentai. I like serious Power Rangers. And their was plenty of comedy mixed in where it was needed anyway. The preimere set up the storyline of the season. Not every episode needs to be spandex heavy.

Eddie was a good writer , he just wasn't a good exec. Since he couldn't stay under budget and got let go. His stories were great. Lynn's half is somewhat lacming actually. But not enought to bring the season down in my eyes.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 06:51 PM   #24
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

RPM was cool. But Dillion almost became another Tommy. Luckly he was toned down after Judd took over. So it didn't get that bad.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 06:56 PM   #25
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It was nice seeing a Black Ranger get that kind of focus for once. Usually its all about Red or Sixth. I don't think Dillions was focused on too much at all. If anything he wasn't focused on enough in the second half. RPM was a very good season. The best we have had besides Super Mega Force in a long time.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 07:41 PM   #26
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
The first several episodes didnt even feel like Power Rangers. When Judd took over it did a little bit. The Dillion stuff was just silly melodrama. I didn't mind Ziggy because he was funny.
I disagree there. I prefer how Eddie did it compared to Chip himself but I actually like Chip's ending better compared to how Eddie would have ended it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarienandSerena View Post
Doctor K was pretty funny too. I'm liked RPM because it was more original. I thought the post apocalyptic storyline was exciting. Dillion was a great Ranger. RPM was a ton of fun.
yes she was funny and I agree that the storyline was exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
RPM is my favorite season. It was jlsuch a breath of fresh air after years of heavily slaving to Sentai. I like serious Power Rangers. And their was plenty of comedy mixed in where it was needed anyway. The preimere set up the storyline of the season. Not every episode needs to be spandex heavy.

Eddie was a good writer , he just wasn't a good exec. Since he couldn't stay under budget and got let go. His stories were great. Lynn's half is somewhat lacming actually. But not enought to bring the season down in my eyes.
RPM is one of my favorite seasons as well and it was definitely a breath of fresh air with it not being so tied down to its Sentai counterpart like a lot of the previous seasons before it were.
I agree with the comedic parts and I agree that not every episode needs to be Ranger heavy.

I do agree that Eddie was a good writer but I disagree that he wasn't a good Exec. I don't believe him being fired had anything to do with the budget it just had to do with him being slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
RPM was cool. But Dillion almost became another Tommy. Luckly he was toned down after Judd took over. So it didn't get that bad.
I personally never saw him as another Tommy even with him getting a lot of focus because of the whole Venjix Hardware being inside of it and because of him finding out that Tenaya was his sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
It was nice seeing a Black Ranger get that kind of focus for once. Usually its all about Red or Sixth. I don't think Dillions was focused on too much at all. If anything he wasn't focused on enough in the second half. RPM was a very good season. The best we have had besides Super Mega Force in a long time.
I agree that it was a nice change of pace with a Black Ranger getting that kind of focus since normally all writers care about are the Red Rangers or the 6th Rangers.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 10:33 PM   #27
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

Well thats what I meant about Eddie. He fell behind on scripts. So they had to can him.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 10:37 PM   #28
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I assuming you are talking about "Ranger Black". I actually would have liked to have seen that. Would have been shocking to see Dillion be Venjix and the Rangers have to kill him.Would have paid off the beginning of RPM pretty well. Would have been the darkest ending in PR history. Too bad Eddie couldn't have it produced.
Old 12/21/14, 10:40 PM   #29
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I would have hated that ending. Only good part of RPM was its happy ending. That kind of ending would ruin PR. That kind of stuff just annoys me as a viewer.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 10:42 PM   #30
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

On the contray, I think it would have brought PR to a whole new level. It would have been historic if done right. Sure it would have stung, but doesn't mean it wouldn't have been good.
Post New ThreadReply