Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/30/06, 12:32 PM   #11
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern
Default RE: How do you describe Sailor Venus?

I think that episode got dubbed eventually, though. I seem to recall seeing it dubbed when Sailor Moon appeared "uncut" on Cartoon Network's Toonami: Midnight Run, back when it began.

Yeah, she definitely cared for Allen, genuinely. It wasn't some schoolgirl crush. I'm not the guys biggest fan, just because I think that anyone who's in their 20's should not express interest in a romantic relationship with a 14 year old. And, yes, that goes for Mamoru as well. There's just something decidedly disturbing about that.

The whole death thing, I'm not sure came into play in their decision, because no one actually died. I think you're right, and it was the love triangle thing that they didn't want to show. It's the only thing that makes sense. The reason the Rei/Usagi/Mamoru triangle was left in was because Mamoru and Usagi weren't dating yet, so they weren't showing kids Mamoru cheating on Usagi. Had he been, you can bet that would have been cut, or edited to the point of you having Rei and Mamoru discussing Youma attacks, or something.

You know, I found out about season 1's ending from a "You know you've watched too much Sailor Moon when..." site. It said something like: "You know you've watched too much Sailor Moon when: You arrange M&Ms in colour, in the order the senshi died at the end of season 1." I never got to see it, though, until I bought ADVs boxsets.

I still remember when a friend of mine, a fellow moonie, argued with me until she was blue in the face that the senshi didn't die at the end of season 1. She knew a lot about the Japanese versions, but somehow that detail had escaped her notice.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply