Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/07/14, 09:33 PM   #1
Wammyguide
Putty Patroller

Default Should the Super Megaforce idea be redone for Dino Supercharge?

So I found this petition from change.org asking Saban to redo Super Megaforce: https://www.change.org/p/saban-brand...uper-megaforce. Now I know a ton of people consider Super Megaforce to be the worst season of Power Rangers, and say that it pretty much took the 20 year history of Power Rangers and beat it with a bat. I maybe in that small group who considers Super Megaforce to even be decent, but I do agree that it needed a ton work. The biggest factor of course is that it needed many more cameos from past rangers. Now I'm sure a lot of people will say that Super Megaforce is done and over, and something like Gokaiger will probably not happen for a long time, if ever. However, I do think that Super Megaforce itself doesn't necessarily have to be redone, but maybe the concept does. So as you know, Dino Charge seems like it's going to be riding on the Mighty Morphin' nostalgia train, with the dinosaur motif, It's Morphin' Time being reused as part of the morphing call, the rangers possibly being teens in high school, and even the theme song being somewhat of remake of Go Go Power Rangers. So it got me thinking, why not reuse the idea for Dino Supercharge? Now I know it sounds a little too extreme for a non anniversary season, but hear me out. Maybe for Dino Charge they could have a few cameos from rangers from Mighty Morphin and Dino Thunder, but not anything extreme. Then for Dino Supercharge, you could have various cameos of characters from previous seasons. However, I think there should be a few conditions. The first one is is anyone from any season can appear in any episode, and you don't have to restrict certain episodes to certain seasons. The next one is that you should pay tribute to previous seasons themes instead of their gimmicks. Like if a character from Ninja Storm or RPM appears in one episode, be completely self-referential and satirical of itself. And lastly, let the previous rangers help give some character development to the Dino Charge rangers. Heck, I was even thinking that maybe you at the Morphin' Brace from Go-Busters for the main five rangers as some kind of power up, where they can miss mash different parts of different ranger costumes and powers. And then for the final episode, you can have all the Mighty Morphin' and Dino Thunder rangers teaming up with the Dino Charge rangers for the final battle. Again, I know it sounds a little extreme, but I think with Judd Lynn returning as head writer, it could possibly work. What do you guys think about this idea?
Wammyguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 09:34 PM   #2
stationx
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Should the Super Megaforce idea be redone for Dino Supercharge?

was a bad season, get over it & move on. And if you think Megaforce's problem was not enough cameos then you have sincerely not been paying attention.
stationx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 09:40 PM   #3
darkshadowranger
Putty Patroller

Megaforce/Super Megaforce is done, there is no changing it and contractually they have to move forward. Re-making and re-doing SMF would only cost Saban brands a small fortune and put them even further behind Super Sentai.

Dino Charge should focus on itself and itself only. Making tribute episodes for each season would take up 20 episodes at least, and lose a lot in the story making it almost as bad as Super Megaforce.

Megaforce happened, there is no changing that, or going back. Dino Charge needs to evolve on its own, as its own show without relying on the past.

This petition is over 2 months old, and only 45 signing people. That tells you this is futile!
darkshadowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 09:41 PM   #4
big smile
Putty Patroller

The best thing Saban Brands could do is spend the cash so we could have a decent team up between MMPR, Dino Thunder and Dino Charge.

If they keep to the two year format, then after Dino Charge, it will be the 24/25th season, so they should keep Judd around and go all out to make a decent season for the 25th Anniversary.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 09:53 PM   #5
rmssw
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smile90 View Post
The best thing Saban Brands could do is spend the cash so we could have a decent team up between MMPR, Dino Thunder and Dino Charge.

If they keep to the two year format, then after Dino Charge, it will be the 24/25th season, so they should keep Judd around and go all out to make a decent season for the 25th Anniversary.
Exactly. Give us a the MMPR/Dino Thunder/Dino Charge team up. If it's done well, it could easily undo all of the bad done by the Legendary Battle in terms of fan service and nostalgia.

As for the 25th anniversary, it's not going to coincide with any Sentai anniversary so they won't be tied down by any need to adapt existing footage like they were with Gokaiger. It's a perfect opportunity to create something completely original. Even if it's just a Once a Ranger-style team up, if it's done right, it would still be better than the entirety of Super Megaforce.
rmssw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 09:55 PM   #6
big smile
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmssw View Post
Exactly. Give us a the MMPR/Dino Thunder/Dino Charge team up. If it's done well, it could easily undo all of the bad done by the Legendary Battle in terms of fan service and nostalgia.

As for the 25th anniversary, it's not going to coincide with any Sentai anniversary so they won't be tied down by any need to adapt existing footage like they were with Gokaiger. It's a perfect opportunity to create something completely original. Even if it's just a Once a Ranger-style team up, if it's done right, it would still be better than the entirety of Super Megaforce.
Work on PR 24/25 will start in 2016, so they'll have the 40th Sentai to adapt.
Also, a Gokaiger-type season is perfect for an anniversary, as they've got lots of footage with past rangers.

The reason Megaforce end up so bad was because they went out of their way to adapt Gokaiger as poorly as possible (e.g. skipping some of the best fight scenes such as 6th Rangers vs Gokaiger and the return of Ninjor) . In the right hands, Gokaiger would have made for an epic PR season.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 09:57 PM   #7
Obelisk20
Putty Patroller

I say move on. Super Megaforce happened and as much as some would like we can't change or fix it. Saban had their chance to make a truly epic season, instead they let JT eff up 20 years of PR history leaving a bad taste in a lot of our mouths.

Dino Charge has the chance to restore trust in Saban's ability to make a good PR series after 4 years of mediocre to very bad PR. I hope for 25th anniversary we get ninninger over toqger. Ninjas over trains, plus those toqger suits are ugly as sin.
Obelisk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 10:05 PM   #8
DoctorWhom
Putty Patroller

Nah, after two years of muddling through wasted potential with anniversary crap, I'm excited for the show to just get back on track where the focus will (hopefully) be on good action and storytelling.

And as for the change.org hate: While yes, many people do use it to create stupid petitions like this one, there are successes for real petitions on this site (seen here: http://www.change.org/victories) which can actually get things done. It's a much better streamlined system than the way online petitions used to be, where they actually amounted to nothing. If nothing else, websites like this and WethePeople are great for putting people in communication with those they want changes from, and spreading awareness about issues.
DoctorWhom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 10:33 PM   #9
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It would be hard to top Super Megaforce. Doing some sort of team up with MMPR or DinoThunder would be cool. Gonna be years before we get another "Legendary Battle"
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 11:57 AM   #10
VR Master
Power Ranger

I'd like that , a chance to get it right. Plus the dino theme is there to connect things to MMPR.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply