Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/12/11, 10:05 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default The Transmutant

As you all know this was the episode where Grimlord infected JB with this mutagen, and he turned into the MOTD.

In it he says he's going to do the same to the other Troopers but then finds out the mutagen only works once.

Well I saw Metalder, and found out that the Metalder episode that the footage for this episode came from was part of a story arc that included the episodes that supplied footage for Searching for Tyler Steele, and Mutant Mutiny.

Long story short the unnamed female monster who talks to Grimlord in Searching for Tyler Steele (who in Metalder was called Wisdom) was Amphibidor (Hedogross in Metalder)'s wife, and Transmutant was their son (Hedogross jr).

The reason I bring this all up is that in those episodes Wisdom actually fought Metalder, and later when she switched sides helped Metalder, and her son fight the other monsters.

That, and in The Transmutant Kaitlin was the only Trooper who didn't transform into VR Trooper form at all

The point is if they hadn't already used her in Searching for Tyler Steele I would have liked it if they had used Wisdom as a mutant version of Kaitlin, and made this episode a two parter.

Last edited by Zabitan; 08/25/11 at 06:23 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/11, 10:31 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

That would have been an interesting way to go. I always thought the episode was interesting. The idea of a Trooper getting turned into mutant made sense to play with.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/12, 01:06 AM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: The Transmutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
That would have been an interesting way to go. I always thought the episode was interesting. The idea of a Trooper getting turned into mutant made sense to play with.
Indeed.

What's weird though is that I knew about this episode for a long time but never actually saw it, and until I saw a picture of JB's Transmutant form on Wikipedia I didn't know what it looked like.

So I always thought it was Horrorbot since all I knew about the episode is that JB turned into a mutant, and they did it to him in the Battle Grid, and Horrorbot kind of looks like a Battle Grid Trooper (well his helmet at least).

What's odd is that in Metalder he also had a female sidekick named Madonna who's suit also vaguely resembles Kaitlin's Battle Grid suit but she doesn't have a helmet which is why she was never adapted as a robot in VR Troopers.

Last edited by Zabitan; 10/12/12 at 02:35 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, the transmutant