Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11/06/06, 03:42 AM   #1
Aussie Rider
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Aussie Rider Send a message via AIM to Aussie Rider
Default When Buffy Calls for Backup...

Please...stop the insanity...My brain...about to explode...

Pg. Buffy/Tendou eventually. I think.

Japan
“Moshi moshi?”
“Tendou-kun?”
“Buffy-chan?”
“I…need your help.”

Five years earlier
To say young Tendou had not been expecting to be knocked over by the young girl of about his own age was like saying he was destined for great things. Obvious. He had been going to get tofu for his grandmother’s mackerel miso. He looked at he girl as he picked her up. Blonde, not from around here.
“Are you hurt?” He asked in Japanese. The girl scrunched her nose up and spoke in English. Tendou looked at her a moment, straightening the words in his head.
“You are…American?” He asked slowly..
“You speak English?” the girl asked in relief. “Thank God for that.”
“Grandmother said this,” he said slowly. His English was not yet perfect. But it was close. “’Diversity leads to understanding. Knowing language leads to greater understanding. Understanding others leads to leadership’.”
“Smart lady,” the girl said.
“Indeed she is,” Tendou said.
“Hey! Girl!”
“Oh no, not them again,” the girl moaned.
“What happened?” Tendou asked as the cops came towards them.
“Well, I was waiting for my dad in LA, but I saw him with his lover and a baby. He seemed so happy and I got upset so I ran and found somewhere quiet to curl up and die only I cried myself to sleep and when I woke up I was looking at those cops and they weren’t speaking English and I panicked and ran and ran into you and…” It took a moment for Tendou to get the words straight, when he had done so, however, he nodded and walked over to the police men.
“Excuse me,” he said politely in Japanese. “I believe there has been some misunderstanding.”
“Get out of the way, boy,” the cop advised. “She’s an illegal immigrant.”
“Actually, she’s an upset teenager, who saw her father happy without her,” Tendou said calmly. “She’s emotionally distraught and you’re only making it worse.”
“What?” Tendou calmly explained to them what the girl had told him.
“So, it was an accident,” one of the officers concluded.
“Yes,” Tendou said. “I can only assume that she somehow found her way into the cargo hold of the plane she was found on. It seemed as good a place as any for her to ‘curl up and die’.”
“Oh,” the officer said. “Well…We really do need to sort something out…”
“Let her fill in some papers and she can stay with me,” Tendou said. “With time, she’ll be able to head home without being so emotionally unstable.”
“I don’t know…”
“You need to find out where she came from anyway,” Tendou said. He had left out the fact she had mentioned Los Angeles.
“True…”
“So, while you’re looking, she can stay with my Grandmother and when you figure it out, she can go home.”
“Well…okay. But I’ll need your address.”
“Of course,” Tendou said with a bow. Moments later he walked over to the girl. “It’s settled. You will be staying with me till they figure out where to send you.”
“Um…thanks, I guess.”
“You do not want to go home?”
“It’s complicated…hey, I don’t even know your name,” Tendou ignored the change of topic, pointing to the sky.
“Grandmother says this: ‘walking the path of heaven. He who shall rule over all’,” he looked at her seriously. “My name…is Tendou Soji.”
“Um…right,” she said. “Well, I’m Buffy. Nice to meet you mister heaven walker,” Tendou gave a small smile. My, what an interesting girl, he thought.
Aussie Rider is offline   Reply With Quote