Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/17/05, 09:18 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

I just watched Dismissed today and I must say they really wasted a good opertunity. They introduced Birdy and have him relieve Commander Cruger of duty. We saw a new tension in SPD, with Birdie contradicting Cruger's style. But than at the end, Cruger shows up and saves the day. Birdy all of the sudden becomes everyones's best friend and leaves. Instead of a story arch that could have made things more interesting, it ended up being a one episode thing ( that wasnt even fully explored enough). I think Cruger should have saved the day and been allowed to resume his rangr duties. Birdy should have been left in Command still, so all the tension would still be there. I know they have no money for extra actors, but it still would have been an interesting premise. And Birdy would have been far more useful than Boom and Piggy have been.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/05, 01:51 AM   #2
Ryu Dairenjaa
Power Ranger

True, or lead a special group in space training a elite team of rangers, and then in a big pinch sending down re-inforcements *cough*OMEGA!*uncough*, The director had S.P.D. close to Dekarenjaa
Ryu Dairenjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/05, 12:06 AM   #3
Smokin Ranger
Ranger In Training

Birdie made an appreance is one of the Messenger episodes. It seems he is confident in Doggie and SPD
Smokin Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/05, 04:52 PM   #4
Jack landers
Power Ranger

This is a really old spd episdoe guys..... STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!!
Jack landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/11/14, 10:49 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: A Great Opertunity Missed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I just watched Dismissed today and I must say they really wasted a good opertunity. They introduced Birdy and have him relieve Commander Cruger of duty. We saw a new tension in SPD, with Birdie contradicting Cruger's style. But than at the end, Cruger shows up and saves the day. Birdy all of the sudden becomes everyones's best friend and leaves. Instead of a story arch that could have made things more interesting, it ended up being a one episode thing ( that wasnt even fully explored enough). I think Cruger should have saved the day and been allowed to resume his rangr duties. Birdy should have been left in Command still, so all the tension would still be there. I know they have no money for extra actors, but it still would have been an interesting premise. And Birdy would have been far more useful than Boom and Piggy have been.
I agree that there was an opportunity miss where Birdy should have remained in Command for a little while longer and not have everything wrapped up in a Disney-like fashion within a single episode.

There definitely would have been a lot more tension with all of the Rangers still needing to respond to Birdy's orders including Cruger himself.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply