Power Ranger Online Message Board
 

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  
  

Post New ThreadReply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12/18/17, 09:48 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator
 
Zabitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01/06/11
Location: Eureka California
Posts: 1,645
Default Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

Me personally my biggest pet peeve is the whole stretching one show for two years because they can only have 20 episodes thing mostly because then it mean we have to skip sentai shows.

I thought Samurai was okay I didn't like how it was just Shinkenger the American version but I would have been okay with it if it was just one season.

Megaforce I thought had some good ideas like going back to MMPR with the Rangers being in high school, the Mentor being a new version of Zordon, and even the pre Zyu suits showing up in the Gokaiger parts.

But at the same time the execution was half assed, and I felt like they should have had the Goseiger season, and the Gokaiger seasons be separate teams, and stories.


I actually liked Dino Charge mostly because it didn't feel like Koryuger the American version, and I felt it did a better job at being an MMPR throwback then either Samurai or Megaforce.

My only problem I felt like they could have simplified the characters like having Keeper be Torin, and Sledge be Chaos instead of making them new characters just to Americanize Torin, and Chaos later

Or just making Heckyl American Deathryuger since they never adapted Deathryuger at all.


I haven't seen Ninja Steel but from what I've seen, and hear it looks like it might also be a better MMPR throwback than Samurai, and Megaforce.
Zabitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 10:44 PM   #2
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger
 
Gosei Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03/01/15
Posts: 155
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

I think it's been very good. Some of the choices in Super Megaforce were questionable. But for the most part Saban Brands has done a good job. Especially since Lynn has been brought back.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 10:47 PM   #3
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger
 
MMPR Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/17/14
Posts: 525
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

It was very disappointing as they had trouble getting back to the MMPR feel the shpw had been missing for a very long time. But Ninja Steel has been surprisingly good. It isn't MMPR but it is worthy of being a spin off or take off of MMPR. So I am quite enjoying it.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 10:49 PM   #4
Tzachor Era
Ranger In Training
 
Tzachor Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11/27/17
Posts: 53
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

It started out great with Tzachor back. But they foolishly let him go. So the
past few seasons are missing something without him. No one makes PR as well as Jonathon.
Tzachor Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 10:51 PM   #5
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger
 
Captain Mutiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/29/14
Posts: 192
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

Samurai and Megaforce were two paint by the numbers and slaved to the source material. DC and NS2 have taking more chances and felt more like Power Rangers. Largely due to the return of Judd Lynn.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 10:53 PM   #6
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger
 
Captain Codfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04/24/11
Location: Washington
Posts: 689
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

I really think they did a great job with Suepee Megaforce. Particularity with the team ups. "Legendary Battle" was just awesome.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/17, 10:56 PM   #7
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob
 
Sentai Is Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12/17/14
Posts: 229
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

It started out great with the heavy focus on adapting Sentai in Samurai and Megaforce. But Dino Charge and Ninja Steel has unwisely tried to do more original storylines. Its ashame Jonathon Tzachor is no longer around to make sure Super Sentai is the focus.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/17, 03:27 PM   #8
Miki1988
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: 12/04/17
Posts: 103
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

With Samurai, it's understandable - they had to rush the production so they wouldn't lose another year.

But the Goseiger and Gokaiger adaptations should have been separate seasons and stories.
Especially when considering there's a Gosei/Gokai team up in Gokaiger, which was cool. It'd be great to see a NZ version of Gosei+Gokai vs. Super Sentai battle. Plus we also missed a chance of seeing the Samurai and the Megaforce Rangers fighting alongside each other and a Samurai Red vs. Megaforce Red battle. Not to mention a certain Gokai episode where the Gokaigers secretly observe the two Ranger teams rushing into battle.

As for the "season-supering" thing: I always felt it was unnecessary. I still do.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/17, 03:52 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator
 
MattEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01/13/11
Posts: 5,655
Send a message via AIM to MattEmily Send a message via Yahoo to MattEmily
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Me personally my biggest pet peeve is the whole stretching one show for two years because they can only have 20 episodes thing mostly because then it mean we have to skip sentai shows.

I thought Samurai was okay I didn't like how it was just Shinkenger the American version but I would have been okay with it if it was just one season.
that's a pet peeve of mine as well.
I actually didn't like Samurai I thought it was too much of a copy-and-paste of Shinkenger on top of which they pretty much crapped on a monumental occasion with Lauren a female Red Ranger with only Jayden and Mia really showing her any kindness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Megaforce I thought had some good ideas like going back to MMPR with the Rangers being in high school, the Mentor being a new version of Zordon, and even the pre Zyu suits showing up in the Gokaiger parts.

But at the same time the execution was half ****, and I felt like they should have had the Goseiger season, and the Gokaiger seasons be separate teams, and stories.
I agree with you about Megaforce minus the pre-Zyu and Dairanger (minus Kibaranger) changes.

Yes the execution was crap I didn't think the seasons should be separate but the execution overall was just bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I actually liked Dino Charge mostly because it didn't feel like Koryuger the American version, and I felt it did a better job at being an MMPR throwback then either Samurai or Megaforce.

My only problem I felt like they could have simplified the characters like having Keeper be Torin, and Sledge be Chaos instead of making them new characters just to Americanize Torin, and Chaos later

Or just making Heckyl American Deathryuger since they never adapted Deathryuger at all.
I've never seen Kyoryuger so I can't comment on that but I do agree that it's a good MMPR callback not quite a throwback but more of a heavy nod to it in some scene.

I thought Keeper was fine but I wasn't a fan of Sledge but Chaos/Arcanon shouldn't have been around right away but I think Arcanon came a bit late and really did nothing.

I agree with you about Deathryuger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I haven't seen Ninja Steel but from what I've seen, and hear it looks like it might also be a better MMPR throwback than Samurai, and Megaforce.
no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzachor Era View Post
It started out great with Tzachor back. But they foolishly let him go. So the past few seasons are missing something without him. No one makes PR as well as Jonathon.
Jonathan was the fool for getting fired if he knew what he was doing he wouldn't have gotten himself fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
With Samurai, it's understandable - they had to rush the production so they wouldn't lose another year.

But the Goseiger and Gokaiger adaptations should have been separate seasons and stories.
Especially when considering there's a Gosei/Gokai team up in Gokaiger, which was cool. It'd be great to see a NZ version of Gosei+Gokai vs. Super Sentai battle. Plus we also missed a chance of seeing the Samurai and the Megaforce Rangers fighting alongside each other and a Samurai Red vs. Megaforce Red battle. Not to mention a certain Gokai episode where the Gokaigers secretly observe the two Ranger teams rushing into battle.

As for the "season-supering" thing: I always felt it was unnecessary. I still do.
even so you should still make sure things truly sound good and actually look good.

they would've needed to buy the Gosei/Gokai teamup footage rights which they weren't going to do would've been a great idea so they could use all of the available Legendary War footage. Same thing with Samurai/Megaforce footage they weren't going to buy it.

I agree about the supering garbage.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/17, 05:44 PM   #10
Miki1988
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: 12/04/17
Posts: 103
Default Re: Your thoughts on Neo Saban/Nickelodeon Power Rangers

I know they would have to buy the 199 Hero War movie footage and the Samurai/Megaforce footage in order to use it. They probably didn't want to buy it because of the supering thing that we agree on, since a single Sentai adaptation now drags on for two years. Also, they can't require cast members to wait three or three and a half years just so they could make a team-up. I was just stating what could have been if Saban would be in position to do some things the right way (but that's probably for another thread).
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.