Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Online Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/06/02, 03:30 PM   #1
CyberBlack
Shadow Ranger

Default Disney now owns Power Rangers????

Yes, it's true, I spoke to Iris hampton, the casting director for PR, and was looking to audition again for a role this October, but she said that she'll no longer be the casting director for the show, "Disney now owns Power Rangers", not Saban anymore. And the show will be filming in NEW ZEALAND!!, for next year. Saban's ten year contract was up and he didn't decide to keep the show I guess. So the show will no longer be filmed in Los Angeles, with L.A. actors or the same buildings we all saw in the background. I guess we'll have to see how it does in New Zealand. I hope Disney doesn't turn it into a kiddy and boring show. The essence of PR will truly be gone.

CyberBlack,
Old 08/06/02, 03:38 PM   #2
Red Tulip Ranger
Ranger In Training

That Disney now owns PR isn't that much of a newsflash. There were rumours PR production would move to another country. And all this needn't really be a bad thing. We will just wait and see.
Red Tulip Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/02, 07:38 PM   #3
MiChaos
Power Ranger

Saban isn't running Wild Force, and the promos on Ninja Storm indicate that the stories may be getting better, if anything. I do not believe that PR production is moving to New Zealand, however.
MiChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/02, 01:29 AM   #4
Bison Zord
Comic Relief

This is ancient history. Disney owning PR is nothing new. Disney is not really running Wild Force. MMPR Productions has been left in charge.

Starting with Ninja Storm, Disney will be running it.
Bison Zord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/02, 04:15 PM   #5
CyberBlack
Shadow Ranger

Default PR moving to NEW ZEALAND

Well believe it or not MiChaos PR is moving to New Zealand, Iris Hampton should know, she's the casting director.
Old 08/10/02, 07:05 PM   #6
MiChaos
Power Ranger

Default Re: PR moving to NEW ZEALAND

I am aware of whom Iris Hampton is. I merely doubt you have had a conversation with her and/or she told you about the plans to move to New Zealand, something that would be, surely, confidential at this stage. As they will not be recruiting next year's cast yet, there will be no need for Ms Hampton to tell anyone about what Disney plans to do with PR. and why move to NZ anyway, when everything needed to film PR, studios, equipment, established staff, etc., exist in LA? It merely does not make sence to me.
Old 08/10/02, 09:29 PM   #7
Bison Zord
Comic Relief

Well.. nonetheless, they are moving to New Zealand. I think Disney really does have better plans for the show. Just as long as he keeps Justin FAR AWAY from the show.
Bison Zord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/02, 08:45 PM   #8
MiChaos
Power Ranger

Justin & Dimatria.
Old 08/12/02, 03:27 PM   #9
Red Tulip Ranger
Ranger In Training

Sitting in a tree.