Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/19/15, 06:56 PM   #21
Sailor Danger
Comic Relief

Default Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 14

But Qween Beryl was the one that destoryed the Silver Mellenium and tried to steal Mamoru from Usagi. She was clearly the main antagonist. They didn't do much to make Matallia really hateable in the original anime. It was amazing watch Sailor Moon stand up to Beryl at the end of the dub.
Sailor Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/15, 07:03 PM   #22
Sailor Kitty
Putty Patroller

Yeah the dub does it so much better. Nothing can beat the Dic Dub.
Sailor Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/15, 07:30 PM   #23
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

The Dic Dub was awful. The diiolouge was poorly dubbed and they got a lot of the storylines wrong. Matallia was the lead villian and she wasn't the Negaforce. Beryl was a good villain but she wasn't that big bad.

I like both the old anime and the manga. So Crystal staying so close to the manga doesn't bother me. I thought the episode was amazing. It resolved everything. It had the big climax against Matallia in the beginning and still left plenty of time to follow up on everything. And it set up the next act well.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/15, 08:00 PM   #24
MattEmily
Administrator

Queen Metallia couldn't do anything threatening because she was weak she had to rely on Beryl to gather energy so she could rise up once again.

It's not exactly the same but it's similar to The Master from Mystic Force. He couldn't do anything in the beginning except give silent orders but did that change the fact that he was the big bad? No it didn't.

Yes Beryl may have destroyed the Silver Millennium but that doesn't mean she was the big bad. That just shows she wasn't as pathetic as the anime makes her be the rest of the time.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 10:39 PM   #25
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

I thought the battle with Negaforce was a let down. Just like I feared it would be. The rest of the episode was boring and predictable. Nothing really happened. I knew I shouldn't have started watching Crystal. The rest of this is probably gonna drag. Not even DIC could fix this mess.
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 10:40 PM   #26
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Only part I liked was the funny scene with Usagi and her family. Finally some of the humor from the original.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 10:45 PM   #27
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

i thought it was fine. It was different from the finalie of the original but I knew that going in. Ita been said before that this was gonna be more like the manga. I knew it was gonna be different.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 10:49 PM   #28
Outer Sailor
Comic Relief

I thought it was underwhelming. The battle was too short. And it was too much standing around and talking. With not much going on. The whole finalie of the Dark Kingdom story arch was disapointing. Why did they bother keeping the Shitennou around anyway?
Outer Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/15, 11:45 AM   #29
Destiny Defeated
Power Ranger

I thought it was exciting. The beginning was really finishing where the last episode left out. They had been fighting Matallia for mulitple episodes. Plus they had to resolve everything. We had to have the big scene of Sailor Moon healing the Earth.

The center of the story is always about Usagi and Mamoru. They had plenty of time to shine here. Usagi had plenty of time to shine. It was funny seeing Chibi Usa break up the kiss at the end.
Destiny Defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/15, 02:49 PM   #30
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

Some people are never happy. I know everyone is used to the original anime. But thats not what we are ever going to get. Crystal is more based on story than transformations and cool attacks. The fact that they don't transform all the time makes it mean more. We.already got more from the Shitennou than the manga at least.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply