Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/02/14, 01:39 PM   #1
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Default Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Rumor

I heard on wikipedia that instead of doing another season of Power Rangers, they were going to start showing reruns of the original series on ABC Family. What have you heard about that?
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/14, 01:40 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Rumor

Rumors of Power Ranger's cancellation started before RPM began to air. It was later confirmed by informed sources in the fandom. Over the summer or early fall it came out that Disney was going to air a remastered version of MMPR. Not on ABC Family though, on ABC Kids ( in place of RPM). This will begin in January after RPM has finished its run. So the rumor is true. No first run episodes of Power Rangers are being produced. We are getting MMPR instead.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/14, 01:40 PM   #3
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

This is great news! I thought that because of issues with the old cast that they couldn't get anything before Ninja Storm anywhere except for maybe YouTube. Can you explain that to me?
Old 05/02/14, 01:41 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Since PR was SAG during the Saban Years ( actually starting with Space but retroactive from MMPR), Disney will have to pay royalities to any Saban Era regular actors every time a rerun is shown on tv. They also have to pay Saban royalties for the old music. IIt stands to reason that it hasn't changed. The MMPR cast and Saban will recieve royalties from Disney. For whatever reason Disney has decided to pay those royalities. Or so I assume. Perhaps its not that bad now that they don't have to worry about production costs for a new season.

BTW, I was wrong about the DVDs. The royalty issue is not why the Saban seasons have not been released in boxed sets. Its because its something Disney generally doesn't do for its shows. So its just a matter of them deciding to do it. I would guess we are going to get some MMPR DVDs. But don't quote me on that.
Old 05/02/14, 01:42 PM   #5
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

You know, it is nice that we have the original Power Rangers back, but why did they have to revision it? They might have been trying to make it cooler, but it just seems lame to me. Other than that, I'm happy. I just wish that the channel would come in all the time.
Old 05/02/14, 01:42 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I'm not a big fan of the edits myself. But it is better then nothing. The channel not coming in good is probably a problem with you're affiilate. It could also be a technical problem with you're tv.
Post New ThreadReply