Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/09/20, 08:59 AM   #11
Goldar Supreme
Putty Patroller

Default Re: I got an idea for an AU

Thats very true. By telling the stories of those kind of stories you open yourself to a lot of potential originality.
Goldar Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/20, 09:01 AM   #12
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

I tend to like Fics that features the current characters and tries to expand the mythos. Or at least do some good character stuff like Ellen Brand did in Personaliry Conficts.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/20, 09:03 AM   #13
Scorpina Returns
Putty Patroller

To me using an AU for a fan fic is cheating. Its much more challenging to try something that tries to work within existing continuity.
Scorpina Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/20, 03:49 PM   #14
Miki1988
Power Ranger

For me, if I was a fan fic writer, I'd just probably do my own version of the existing continuity. I wouldn't make any huge changes, just some continuity fixes and story changes here and there. But that's as far as I would take the official stuff.

I would rather do an AU story where continuity of another TV show similar to Power Rangers is used with completely new characters but with the mixture of the established mythology from both PR and that other TV show. That would allow for the further building and expansion of the existing PR mythology, while expanding it further, mixing it with the mythology from the other show while bulding on and advancing the same as well. Of course, I'd try to keep the PR concept intact as much as possible.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/20, 05:17 PM   #15
Delta Max
Comic Relief

DeltaRed used to.have a cool fan fic rewrite of Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force. Plus other tie ins and remakes.
Delta Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/20, 05:37 PM   #16
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror Ranger View Post
In this version Kat kills Kimberly instead of saving her and the evil spell becomes permenant. She ends up working for Rita and finding away to have her killed and Zedd sent away to deal withe the Machine Empire. Kat manuevers things so she can be put in charge while Zedd is gone. Jason, Trini, and Zack come back with their Dino Powers to fight her.
That sounds interesting.

As for AU's I like them especially, Ultimate Power Rangers, The Power Rangers Saga, and Maswartz' Powerverse off the top of my head.

My thing is I like all those weird bits of trivia or what ifs like if Goranger was the first Sentai, and there were Power Rangers versions of all the Sentai shows.

Or if all the other Saban superhero shows were part of the same universe.

It's like I'm currently working on an AU of my own called Morphinverse that's my versions of the existing Power Rangers seasons, my versions of the other Saban superheroes, my Power Rangers versions of unused Sentai shows, and my fan made Masked Rider versions of unused Kamen Rider shows.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/20, 07:07 PM   #17
Power Morphers
Putty Patroller

Remakes and AUs always make for interesting fics.
Power Morphers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/20, 09:03 AM   #18
Polly Want A Megazord
Comic Relief

I could see.the evil spell working like that.
Polly Want A Megazord is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply