Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/28/15, 05:25 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Fan Film back up

After having the film pulled off youtube and vimeo, the Power/Rangers fan film has been put back up. Saban Brands Lawyers and the film makers have made an agreement to allow the filmmakers to release the film on the net for free. Just as long as they put an age disclaimer on it and do 't claim anyownership or money.

I think this is great. I really think fan films should be allowed as long as they aren't making money off the brand. its a common thing in a lot of other fandoms. Glad Saban Brands as willing to play ball here. Perhaps it ope s up the door for more fan films to be legally put up online as non profits. Big props to Saban Brands.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 06:55 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Fan Film back up

I completely agree. Fan films should be allowed as long as they don't claim any ownership and as long as it's a non profit production. I'm all for fan films (and even fan-made video clips) even using some footage from the actual series if they so choose as long as they don't go overboard with it.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 11:11 PM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Yeah Fan films are big in Star Wars. They don't hurt anything.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 11:12 PM   #4
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Dammit I wanted that monstrocity gone. Oh well, maybe someone will make a good MMPR fan film.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 11:14 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

If you want that then this is good. Hate P/R all you want but allowing this to go back up makes it more likely for non profit fan films to be allowed in this fandom. Granted most fans don't have the resources that this fan film did. But that hasn't stopped other fandoms from doing films.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/15, 11:34 PM   #6
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I was hoping it'd stay down. The way the dude talked about how he 'was trying to make PR good for once' and crap like that were not cool at all.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 04:45 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

regardless on our feelings on the fan film or its creator we shouldn't automatically say it needed to be removed and stay that way just because we don't like it or just because we don't like what the creator produced.
Old 03/01/15, 11:26 PM   #8
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

I hate the fan film too. But I would like the door to be open for other people to do non profit fan films for the net.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 11:35 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby's Boyfriend View Post
I hate the fan film too. But I would like the door to be open for other people to do non profit fan films for the net.
same here. Power/Rangers just didn't capture what Power Rangers is about. Yes it was a dark production which I'm all for but it didn't have any of the fantasy elements that were in Power Rangers that made the show what it was like fantasy weapons, guys in a 8-foot suit that's filmed in a way to make you think the 8-foot suit is a 134-foot suit because it's meant to be a humanoid robot. Villains creating/recruiting mooks and sending them down to the city as a distraction before they send down a created/recruited monster to fight the Rangers just to watch it blow up via the use of one of the Rangers' arsenal then the villain causes it to grow and then it's zord time and then the Megazord destroys it.
Post New ThreadReply