Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/19/11, 07:18 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The RPM /Samurai Team up

Granted the mistakes were done because the writers didn't do their homework but it's not because Ranger Productions or Disney was in charge.

Also both Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder were produced by members who used to work on MMPR. Granted Doug Sloan only worked on the show until the first half of Turbo.

Also like I stated above they had to condense some things. Dino Thunder wasn't an anniversary, only "Legacy of Power" was celebrated as a special episode because it was its 500th episode. If they had given it 2 episodes then it likely would have been better but they only got 1 episode to do it so they had to do what they did. Doesn't mean it's completely inconsistent. Sure, they made some mistakes but they only had 1 episode to put it in. That means there will things left out.

Also I never noticed any audio problems at all with "Legacy of Power" so I have no clue what Linkara was even talkin' about in regards to that.

Fact of the matter is, the writers wrote "Legacy of Power" the way they did in order to keep it simple. Not to basically explain every last important detail about every team as well as their adventures. That would take at least 3 episodes in order to do so. If you want to blame someone for the writers' decision to neglect stuff in the video diary then blame Disney because they were only given a certain amount of episodes so their only option was to condense things. Hence why they had to say Tommy's Green Ranger powers were only temporary. Sure, they could have mention something about Rita's spell making them be temporary but that would have been longer which meant they would have needed to cut something else.

Fact is they did the best they could. Neglecting something doesn't mean it's inconsistent or a continuity violation or basically the "end of the world" like some people make it out to be. It just means they decided to not mention it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means they didn't bring it up.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/11, 10:57 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Granted the mistakes were done because the writers didn't do their homework but it's not because Ranger Productions or Disney was in charge.

Also both Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder were produced by members who used to work on MMPR. Granted Doug Sloan only worked on the show until the first half of Turbo.

Also like I stated above they had to condense some things. Dino Thunder wasn't an anniversary, only "Legacy of Power" was celebrated as a special episode because it was its 500th episode. If they had given it 2 episodes then it likely would have been better but they only got 1 episode to do it so they had to do what they did. Doesn't mean it's completely inconsistent. Sure, they made some mistakes but they only had 1 episode to put it in. That means there will things left out.

Also I never noticed any audio problems at all with "Legacy of Power" so I have no clue what Linkara was even talkin' about in regards to that.

Fact of the matter is, the writers wrote "Legacy of Power" the way they did in order to keep it simple. Not to basically explain every last important detail about every team as well as their adventures. That would take at least 3 episodes in order to do so. If you want to blame someone for the writers' decision to neglect stuff in the video diary then blame Disney because they were only given a certain amount of episodes so their only option was to condense things. Hence why they had to say Tommy's Green Ranger powers were only temporary. Sure, they could have mention something about Rita's spell making them be temporary but that would have been longer which meant they would have needed to cut something else.

Fact is they did the best they could. Neglecting something doesn't mean it's inconsistent or a continuity violation or basically the "end of the world" like some people make it out to be. It just means they decided to not mention it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means they didn't bring it up.
Agreed.

Just to make notes on other ideas brought up here. It can be assumed that the Ranger teams lost their powers before "Legacy of Power". At least thats one theory.

Also one fan theory states that the Turbo Rangers actually didn't lose their powers when the Power Chamber blew up. It was because of the Eltar invasion. They we're seemingly restored afterwards , since Justin and TJ both had access.

I don't think anyone was going to be 100 percent happy with what "Legacy" did. There simply wasn't enough time to include every detail. They already had another special episode in "Fighting Spirit", so doing a second part to "Legacy of Power" was probably out of the question. And even then they'd probably have to omit stuff.

At the end of the day its a lot better then trying to shoehorn Rita as Mystic Mother or Thrax and Zedd/Rita's son ( when he was shown fighting Sentinal Knight millions of years ago).
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/11, 11:57 PM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Also one fan theory states that the Turbo Rangers actually didn't lose their powers when the Power Chamber blew up. It was because of the Eltar invasion. They we're seemingly restored afterwards , since Justin and TJ both had access.
That is NOT a fan theory. That is pure fact.

Justin spoke of Eltar as "the source of all [their] powers" - Chase into Space, part 1

Around the time Eltar fell to Dark Specter, the Turbo Rangers lost their powers. After the teens lost their powers the Power Chamber was destroyed. - Chase into Space, part 2

Believe me or not, I am not going to argue over it. If the PR fandom is to stupid to recognize PR fact from PR fan theory I am not going to waste my breath more than to state they are wrong.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/11, 02:59 AM   #4
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post

I agree with most of the things you said.

Except for the audio problems in Tommy's diary. Watch the Zeo segment in Tommy's diary and compare it to the Zeo premiere. They clearly messed with the audio there.

If some of the MMPR people still worked on DT, than they should've done a more accurate diary. But yeah, Disney has been lame in giving the amount of episodes per season, especially since Mystic Force.
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/11, 08:59 AM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

PRangerX, I hate to say it but Kamen does have a point in regards to the Turbo powers.

First of all, Justin actually stated that Eltar was the source of their powers.

Second of all, they were still morphed after the Power Chamber blew up. They ended up demorphing at some point after "The Messenger" spoke with Divatox which should signal that it was at that point that Eltar fell. Sure, Zordon was already captured by that point but Justin never said Zordon was the source of their powers, he just simply said "Eltar" was the source of their powers.

If the Power Chamber was actually the source of their powers then it would have demorphed them instantly.
Old 12/20/11, 09:36 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

My memory was just a little off there. I used fan theory to protect myself since I couldn't fully remember if it was fact at the time I posted that. Yeah the power source did come from Eltar. At some point the powers we're probably destoryed when Eltar itself was restored. As we see from "True Blue To The Rescue" and "Forever Red".
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/11, 11:08 AM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Who knows whether the powers were destroyed or not. It could be that there was no need for anyone to check on the powers once Eltar was restored since most of the 2nd team had the Space powers at the time and why bother with a set of powers where most of their arsenal had been destroyed?

All they had left at the end of Turbo were their sidearm stuff (Turbo Navigators, Blades, Blasters) and Artillatron... oh... oops... I forgot that they still had the Turbine Laser too... I think. Anyway the Robo Racer was likely still usuable but we don't know what happened to it since the Blue Senturion had went to Eltar. He was last seen fighting off U.A.E. forces... with I think the Phantom Ranger if I recall correctly.
Old 05/25/12, 04:56 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Also I wanted to add something else to this as well.

Someone calling the "Sword of Darkness" the Power Sword is an error that has been made before. Zack called it as such "the Power Sword" in "Green with Evil, Part 5" so people can't use that to say whether the video diary is consistent or not. They've made the error before and it will happen again.
Old 05/25/12, 09:00 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Also I just thought of something else as well. Even though they called the video diary a history of Tommy's life, I don't believe all of it was meant to be his history. think about it, when they were getting info on Time Force, Hayley stated that it was retrieving more history... which means only the story of Tommy's life was likely included. Everything else had just been retrieved by a highly advanced program.
Post New ThreadReply