Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/01/14, 02:40 PM   #1
Y2j1915
Putty Patroller

Default The Power Rangers movie deserved to be in Canon with the rest of the series

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with ninja quest and I'm not saying that the movie was perfect far from it it just seems to me that an epic story where the Power Rangers have to journey to an alien planet defeating stone guardians and a reanimated triceratops skeleton sticks out more in my mind then we wondered through the desert met a blue guy and he gave us ninja powers I can't remember if ninja quest already had been on the air at the time the movie was released but it's sucks because it seems like the writers of the movie were saying hey kids do you like this movie where the Power Rangers fight an evil slimeball and the command center gets destroyed? And Zordon almost died? Well sorry it never happened! For Power Rangers first of only two major theatrical releases I think it deserved a chance to be part of the regular show continuity
Y2j1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 04:37 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The Power Rangers movie deserved to be in Canon with the rest of the series

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie is canon but it's not in continuity with the show at all in any way, shape or form and it shouldn't be anyway since there are far too many differences between the movie and the show that don't mesh well.

1. Command Center design.
2. Zordon's design.
3. Alpha 5's design.
4. Zordon is physically inside the tube in the movie and that isn't how it was in the show, in the show he was trapped in a time warp by Rita and he used the tube as a communication channel, he was not physically inside of any of the tubes in the Command Center or Power Chamber.
5. Zordon could not be killed in the show just by destroying the tube, that happened during Space because he had been freed from his time warp earlier in Turbo by Lerigot's magic and once Dark Specter had captured Zordon during the attack on Eltar he had placed him inside an energy tube.
6. Different Ranger suits/designs.
7. Different weapons for each Ranger.
8. No Squatt, Baboo or Finster in the movie which wouldn't be accurate to the actual show since you would always see the 3 of them after Rita and Zedd's wedding.
9. The Ninja Megazord/Megafalconzord uses a Sword during one of its battles and it never had a Sword in the show.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 08:36 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: The Power Rangers movie deserved to be in Canon with the rest of the series

Yeah there was far too many differences. They were able to incorporate the Turbo sets since they weren't too different. But the movie stuff wouldn't have worked with the Sentai footage. Plus twentith century fox owned the rights to anything in the film at the time. So it almost had to be a new continuity.

It does make you wonder what the movie PRU was like though. Did events of seasons 1 and 2 more or less happen in this universe? What was the fate of the MMPRTM Rangers? Was their even a Jason, Zack, or Trini. Was Tommy ever Green Ranger. Were Zedd and Rita always married here? Why was Zordon stuck in the tube in this universe? Possibilities and questions are endless. I heard there was someone that did fics in this universe a long time ago. Not so where those fics might be though. Just heard about them second hand.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/17, 10:44 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Yeah there was far too many differences. They were able to incorporate the Turbo sets since they weren't too different. But the movie stuff wouldn't have worked with the Sentai footage. Plus twentith century fox owned the rights to anything in the film at the time. So it almost had to be a new continuity.

It does make you wonder what the movie PRU was like though. Did events of seasons 1 and 2 more or less happen in this universe? What was the fate of the MMPRTM Rangers? Was their even a Jason, Zack, or Trini. Was Tommy ever Green Ranger. Were Zedd and Rita always married here? Why was Zordon stuck in the tube in this universe? Possibilities and questions are endless. I heard there was someone that did fics in this universe a long time ago. Not so where those fics might be though. Just heard about them second hand.
Yea there are way way too many differences. They could get away with it with the Turbo movie since it was meant to be in continuity so most things remained as they were during the actual season.

Exactly what they did for the movie wouldn't have worked with the Sentai footage anyway also while 20th Century Fox owned the rights to the stuff I wonder how they got around using the Tengas and Ninja suits.

Yes that's a good question about the previous events of the movie.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply