Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/23/17, 11:25 AM   #11
White Tiger Fan
Power Ranger

Default Re: Zords in Turbo Part 1

Those first Turbozords were pretty ugly.
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/17, 11:36 AM   #12
Call Titanus
Comic Relief

The Turbo Zords were ugly. They were the worst..
Call Titanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/17, 11:34 AM   #13
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

Its funny how they felt the need to suddenly make Tommy an aspiring race car driver.
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/17, 10:39 AM   #14
Galaxy Supreme
Comic Relief

The finisher for the Turbo Megazord was bad. But the zords themselves didn't bother me. Its more the lack of good stories in the first half.
Galaxy Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/17, 10:49 AM   #15
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

I think Turbo gets so much flack because it just came out of nowhere after Zeo. When Zeo came out MMPR spent several episodes building up to the big change. It became a major event. Turbo just seemed like a random power change for no reason. All the other power changes had clear storyline reasons.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/17, 06:15 PM   #16
DanKnight1221
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosei Gold View Post
I think Turbo gets so much flack because it just came out of nowhere after Zeo. When Zeo came out MMPR spent several episodes building up to the big change. It became a major event. Turbo just seemed like a random power change for no reason. All the other power changes had clear storyline reasons.
It did seem to come out of nowhere I agree. I mean, they never even really clarified that they didn't still have their Zeo powers so aside from the obvious there was no real reason storyline wise they couldn't have used it.

But while the lack of Zord battles might have hurt it, in all honesty most times the Zord battles bore me so not really why I thought.

I think the first half was just plan not well done. For one the returning cast, especially Tommy, Cat and Adam just seemed tired. Clearly the grind of doing this year in and year out was finally wearing on them. But they also gave them nothing to do. It was just one plot after another of Divatoz randomly planting detonators and whenever they did decide to care they just did a Justin centric story.

I know that the cast was leaving but that is no excuse for lazy writing. and the second half was practically a different show. It wasn't just the cast changed specifically, but the new Turbo rangers had actual personalities and characters. (I know people like Adam and Rocky but I could not name off one thing specific about Adam, Rocky, Aisha or Tanya. They were interchangabel and even when they got episode centered on them did nothing. Considering all of them had longer runs than almost any other rangers that was just horrible writing that they could not give them some kind of character in all that time).

They also got some changes backstage and it showed. They actually gave a shit and clearly put some actual effort into telling stories instead of just half assing it.

That to me is the real reason the first half was so bad compared to the second. Tired worn out actors who at least in half their cases were ready to move on and writers who were clearly just putting in minimal effort and collecting a paycheck. It showed in the final product.
DanKnight1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/17, 12:36 PM   #17
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

It had a lot to do with the production turmoil that was going on. Tzachor was taking over as showrunner from Levy and had some sort of clash with Sloan. Sloan has said that he barely remembers Turbo. So it stands to reason the production issues hurt the quality of the show. By the time we got to the second half Lynn was the Story Editor and things go back on track. The new characters breathed new life into the series as well.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/17, 12:38 PM   #18
PRangerX
Administrator

I was surprised that they didn't have the Rangers go to college. As it seemed like the next logical progression at the time. It wourked out for the best with the cast change that we got and set up for Space. Its just too bad that the original Turbos didn't get a better send off. Of course the returns of Tommy and Adam have made up for thar in a lot of ways.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply