Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/01/15, 05:01 PM   #11
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: One thing that bothers me in DinoThunder

I am with you Green. I would like to follow Abaranger more closely. I would rather the show follow Abaranger more closely. I never understood Power Rangers fans obssession with the return of old characters. In Sentai we rarely get that nor do we need that.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 05:08 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
Yeah it was kinda weird and seemed a little much. I would have rather have seen Edward Payne be in the role. Tommy could have been a guest star if they wanted him back so bad. I don't think it was needed since DinoThunder was at its best in the episodes that didn't focus on Dr. Oliver.
We get it already you don't like Tommy but I completely disagree with you in that Dino Thunder was at its best in the episodes that didn't focus on him.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 05:12 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
I am with you Green. I would like to follow Abaranger more closely. I would rather the show follow Abaranger more closely. I never understood Power Rangers fans obssession with the return of old characters. In Sentai we rarely get that nor do we need that.
We get it already you're in love with Sentai and I don't want a Power Rangers writer pretty much copying the content word-for-word since that's nothing more than being lazy... maybe you're fine with that but I'm not and I'm sure there's others out there that don't want lazy writers either.

Yes in Sentai we don't usually get the return of old characters (except for crossovers which is what Power Rangers does as well with its various teamups) but that's because they're not as strict on continuity they typically view a season as a separate universe with no ties to another season until they want them to be connected but that's Sentai and not Power Rangers. Power Rangers was born with a continuity.

Since you're so in love with Sentai then why don't you spend your time watching those episodes instead of Power Rangers? You clearly love watching the same thing twice which is apparently what you want Power Rangers to do and you're in the minority here.
Old 06/01/15, 05:22 PM   #14
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Psh, Tommy having a PhD was all a cover. lol
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 07:02 PM   #15
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

I just like seeing the sentai footage in North America. I would rather have Super Sentai just imported directly like Ultraman Tiga. But that's probably not happening anytime soon.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 07:04 PM   #16
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

I like Tommy but having him have a PHD is a bit much. They really didn't know how to write for him in DT. Might as well have had him play a new character. He didn't feel like the real Tommy. As much as I hated Super Megaforce. Tommy felt more real there than in DT.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 07:07 PM   #17
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I agree with Matt. Sentai fans should just watch Sentai if they can't enjoy PR for what it is. The sentai approach is one of the reason I haven't been able to enjoy the show for a very long time.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/01/15, 07:10 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
I just like seeing the sentai footage in North America. I would rather have Super Sentai just imported directly like Ultraman Tiga. But that's probably not happening anytime soon.
well you're getting that with the Zyuranger DVD set... the better the sales the more likely more will come out.
Old 06/01/15, 08:56 PM   #19
Green Scorpion Ranger
Comic Relief

DinoThunder came out years after Turbo that's plenty of time for a smart guy like Tommy to spend years in college besides it's a lot more believable than Dana Mitchell becoming a Doctor only a year after LR.
Green Scorpion Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/15, 10:27 PM   #20
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
That's pretty realistic. Plenty of people change their minds when they get older plus we never saw Tommy have much of a career path outside of race car driving. Tommy's time as a Ranger probably inspired him to become a palentology major.
That does seem to be the case
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply