Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/09/12, 11:16 PM   #21
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers, VR Troopers, BeetleBorgs, and Ninja Turtles TNM coming to DVD.

Indeed, same here however here's some more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ward
The individual seasons won't have bonus content. We're making the big collections to meet the demands of the hardcore fans.

The 40-disc set is actually two sets. A 19-disc complete MMPR and a 21-disc Seasons 4-7. Bonus content is appropriate per set.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/12, 11:28 PM   #22
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers, VR Troopers, BeetleBorgs, and Ninja Turtles TNM coming to DVD.

Meh just like I said I'll just wait for the box set.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/12, 11:40 PM   #23
MattEmily
Administrator

Much like I said as well. Bonus material is mostly what I'm after anyway.
Old 05/09/12, 11:51 PM   #24
Zabitan
Administrator

Me too up until now I've been debating with myself if should just get the DVDs when they come out or wait for the box set, and I decided that it would depend on the bonus features they would have.

I guess I should have just said that.
Old 05/09/12, 11:53 PM   #25
MattEmily
Administrator

Indeed but I think it's a better option to go for the boxset especially since it's a 40-disc boxset. How often do you see something that huge?

Plus we are hardcore fans, LOL.
Old 05/10/12, 12:03 AM   #26
Zabitan
Administrator

Never in fact up until I heard that I didn't think you could do that sounds like it would go into the hundreds if not thousands range just on it's own.

Don't get me wrong I'll get it it just might take me a while to even save up for it.
Old 05/10/12, 10:42 AM   #27
MattEmily
Administrator

who knows how much it's going to be but it'll likely cost us an arm and a leg, LOL. It is unheard of though but hey, I'm not complaining. Makes it easier for my DVD shelf to organize.
Old 05/10/12, 04:31 PM   #28
MattEmily
Administrator

Just so visitors understand what's going on with the 40 disc set since 1 of Brian Ward's recent tweets has confused some of his twitter followers. He tweeted them yesterday, just for the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ward
Regarding the tweet I sent out into the world yesterday, it was a bit of a miscommunication, due to the unfortunate 140-character limit of Twitter. The 40-disc collection is NOT two collections. It's one collection being offered. But I'm basically organizing it all by thinking of it as two separate halves. There's MMPR which then has appropriate bonus content that breaks up the collection before you get to ZEO - Lost Galaxy, which will then have its own bonus content.
Old 05/12/12, 01:46 PM   #29
Zabitan
Administrator

Apparently the MMPR-Lost Galaxy mega set is going to be $200-$300 which if it's true that it's coming out in fall means I can just wait and get it for my birthday, or Christmas.

Now I just need to wait for news about the VR Troopers DVDs.
Old 05/13/12, 10:49 PM   #30
MattEmily
Administrator

I'd say it'll probably be around $200, definitely a little extra but not a big deal. It's only being sold through Time Life and they usually offer monthly installment options.

Anyway it sounds like Brian Ward (the main guy over at Shout! Factory that is working on the DVDs) has been interviewing various people.

It sounds like his twitter account is implying that he has interviewed 1 of the MMPR series casting Directors, the one that discovered the original cast and it also sounds like he has interviewed Sophia Crawford. Sophia was the stunt double for the MMPR Pink Ranger but mostly apparently just during the time while Kimberly was around. Sophia is also known as Buffy's stunt double from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
beetle borgs, dvd set, ninja turtles, power rangers, vr troopers