Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/13/11, 09:02 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default PR Samurai Episode 2 Discussion "Deal with a Nighlock"

Nick.com released the summery for "Deal with a Nighlock":

"After the devious Nighlok Doubletone tricks a young boy into giving up on his dreams of playing professional baseball, the Rangers investigate. Kevin and Mia realize that they too have had to postpone their dreams for the greater good in order to become Rangers. The teens resolve to put their personal goals and emotions aside and rally against the Nighlok to prove that no one should ever give up on their dreams."

Sounds like a weak episode. But its always hard to tell. Looks like episode 1 was really the first episode. Which is disapointing. But they still have time to show us what they can do.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/11, 12:45 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: PR Samurai Episode 2 Discussion "Deal with a Nighlock"

I think this episode was an improvement. It gave us better character development. We learned a lot about Kevin this week and his back story. And we got to see more of the team dynamic between the Rangers. Last week was just tough since it was a cold open. It felt like we skipped the first episode and went right to the second one. This episode at least gave us a better look into the Rangers.

The cooking scene with Mia was funny. Using the Samurai Sword for the turkey was cute. It was funny to see Kevin have to throw the burnt chicken away.

The kids stuff wasn't as bad as a I thought. And the kid had a very real problem that kids today can relate too. With his father off to war.

I was interested to see Kochi Sacamoto in the credits at the beginning ot he episode. I don't remember seeing him last week, but I'll have to check. I guess that means he is still involved with the show somewhat.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/11, 08:01 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

I was hoping that what happened with last weeks episode was a fluke, and that this week they were gonna show the actual origin episode.

Still I liked this weeks episode it felt like an episode from the Zordon era, and this season feels like one of the old Saban seasons so far.

Then again after RPM (I refuse to consider MMPR the special edition it's own season) I like that we're getting a lighthearted season, not the RPM was bad I really liked it it's just nice to alternate between the serious "dark" seasons, and the light silly ones.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/11, 02:24 PM   #4
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'Deal With A Nighlok' is a good episode. We learn that the monsters need human tears to escape from their prison. In order to do that, they have to hurt a lot of humans. It's a good thing that the Samurai Rangers will get in their way.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply