Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/30/14, 07:31 AM   #21
Dark storm
Putty Patroller

Default Re: The gap between Zeo and TAPRM - your headcanon?

lol and I think many of us still wonder about and question that too, even tho is has really nothing to do with the storyline. Why does Kimberly break up with Tommy and then come back and invite Jason to go scuba diving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanuphtr15 View Post
Rita and Zedd called off their conquest because she was preggers. Duh. (sticks out tongue icon)
of course. That must have been when they had Thrax. Can't imagine what child-birth must be like for an evil sorceress, especially one whose Japanese counter-part hated children
Dark storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/15, 07:31 AM   #22
jasonstanley1985
Putty Patroller

On the quest to stop Divatox from unleashing the evil of her demonic fiancé, Maligore upon the universe. The power of the Zeo Crystal and the Zeo Zords are not strong enough to withstand this new evil, so Zordon and Alpha assist the Rangers in creating the new Turbo Powers.
jasonstanley1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/15, 07:31 AM   #23
IMTIRED
Putty Patroller

I just know I hate the gap. As a kid it really was a letdown when the series had really begun to build a somewhat strong sense of continuity, to just suddenly have this weird dimensional-shift in the PRU. I could handle it with the first film because it was outside of continuity, but dropping all those plots definitely weakened my opinion of Turbo when it aired.I felt as though I had missed something which was very aggravating as a serious fan.
IMTIRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/15, 07:31 AM   #24
big smile
Putty Patroller

The original TAPRM movie script explained it somewhat: The Zeo powers wouldn't work in the nemesis triangle, so they had to create new Turbo powers to enter it. It's revealed that Zordon had been keeping Lerigo's key for sometime, so it's implied he based the Turbo powers on that (as they also use keys) and so didn't pull them out of no where (although of course, you get the issue of why he didn't use them during MMAR).

Then, after the mission was over, the Turbo powers were welded with the Rangers, so they couldn't use the Zeo powers any more (although, that would have caused issues for the cast change).

These explanations are weak, but they would have been better than nothing. It's too bad they cut them out.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/15, 07:31 AM   #25
Citrus James Gaylyn
Putty Patroller

Earlier in production TAPRM was titled 'Race to the Volcano'. Even though the title was dropped, the plot still centres around the Rangers chasing after Divatox. Zeo might become stronger, but Turbo are faster.
Citrus James Gaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 07:31 AM   #26
Ankh Primo
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDTRanger View Post
Scorpion Rain apparently happened, unexplained as it is.
This. People can hate Amit as much as they want, but his hand was official and it waved the events of a joke-turned-fan-edit into reality.

Bulk and Skull can easily be chalked up to them screwing up in France somehow and Stone being forced to beg for the police department to let them back in. Now there's a fan film I would love to see.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 07:31 AM   #27
ASpice92
Putty Patroller

Do people still take Amit's word at face value?

We know at some point between Zeo's finale and T:APRM movie that Zedd and Rita gave up on villainy. We also know at some point that Serpentera ended up on the moon. Make of it what you will.
ASpice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 07:31 AM   #28
Ankh Primo
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
When his explanations don't run counter to anything previously presented in the show, what reason do we have to question them beyond "I don't like him"?
I've learned that no one needs a reason beyond that one.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 07:31 AM   #29
johnboy3434
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWhiteTiger View Post
Amit saying he was referencing a fan fic he wrote years earlier doesn't mean the fan fic is in the same continuity as the actual series. Otherwise any fan fic writer on here could end up writing for power rangers, write a vague line and suddenly that dark story they wrote ten years earlier where half the former rangers died in the legend war could be canon, and that's just not how it works.
Actually, that's pretty much how it works. When you become a writer for a show in an official capacity, and the higher-ups don't veto the concepts you put into your work, those concepts (if not the exact form of them embodied in the fan work) are canon until future writers overwrite them. Lord Zedd attacked the Earth between Zeo and Turbo. He was defeated and Serpentera crashed into the moon. That these irrefutably canonical events were directly based on a fan work is reason enough to give said fan work some level of credence in its other particulars, until such time (if any) that said events are depicted otherwise in an official work.

Your example is a strawman argument because it involves directly and blatantly contradicting what has been established in prior canon. Even if said fan did include a line with such an implication, that implication is invalid because what it implies is incapable of being true.
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/15, 07:31 AM   #30
Terror Rangers
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpice92 View Post
None of that was in the episode Forever Red. All we know is that Serpentera was left at the moon. For all we know Goldar was taking Scorpina on a date they ran out of gas and Seperentera crashed on the moon.
Word of God. It's canon until proven otherwise in-show.
Terror Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply