Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/30/17, 10:54 PM   #71
Shadowhawk
Comic Relief

Default Re: Did Rita create the Mystic Realm?

I think Vile was the rightful ruler of the Mystic Realm. He was just deposed for being evil. Rita took up the throne after she became good.
Shadowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/17, 12:35 PM   #72
Crazy Kelsey
Putty Patroller

No way Rita had that kind of power good or bad.
Crazy Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/17, 12:23 PM   #73
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Rita couldn't even beat a bunch of teenagers and you think she had the power to make her own mystical realm?
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/17, 12:26 PM   #74
PRangerX
Administrator

This thread got me thinking. What if Vile was originally from the mystic realm? He looks like a member of the Undead. Vile and Impurius look a lot a like actually. He could have been a good sorcerer that fell in love with the previous Mystic Mother. And after she died he turned to Black Magic and went Undead. He escaped to Earth and took Rita with him.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/17, 10:36 PM   #75
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

That actually isn't a bad idea. It would make a lot of sense.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/17, 09:46 PM   #76
Adam White Tiger
Power Ranger

Rita had to be adopted she doesn't look like Vile or Rito at all.
Adam White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/17, 09:50 PM   #77
Superstatler
Power Ranger

She did create the wizard of deception. Who could create whole worlds. Rita would probably have more power than him.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/17, 10:33 PM   #78
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonic Ranger View Post
No way! Rita as Mystic Mother was just a dumb idea that made no sense. I think the posters here have put more thought into it than the writers. There is no reason for why Rita would be Mystic Mother. It was probably a Bruce idea.
it wasn't a dumb idea at all and Bruce had nothing to do with it. He wouldn't have had any knowledge of Soga's importance to the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Defeated View Post
Mystic Mother was a parallel version of Rita. Mystic Realm was an AU like RPM.
that's utterly ridiculous. It may be a different dimension but it's not an alternate universe like RPM was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Smallings View Post
Its way too much power for Rita to have. Especially since "Countdown" shows her as a normal human at the end. Mystic Force acts like that never happen. Which is ridiculous since Rita would still be evil if it didn't .
I do agree that it's too much power for her to have in regards to creating a realm but just because she was purified doesn't mean she was a normal human being. All we saw of her after being struck by the Z-Wave was being asked by Zedd if she wanted a dance. She may look human but that doesn't tell us whether she still has powers or not.
They weren't acting like CtD had never happened that's just a bad assumption that you're trying to spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameron Poe View Post
I like the reference to Rita and tribute to Soga. But it makes no sense that Rita would be Mystic Mother for thousands of years while she was supposed to be trapped in the dumpster and later active for the UAE. They needed to put more.thought into this to make it make sense.
it makes no sense? of course it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell's Navy View Post
Well a lot of things could have happened off screen. I would prefer it was more easily explained. But I am sure there is a good reason to be made in continuity.
yea it would've been nice if there was an explanation for it but they didn't have the time for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Titanus View Post
I was super glad to have Rita back. I don't care if it makes sense. I never understood why some people couldn't just enjoy it?
exactly. Some people have to whine and complain about anything and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember View Post
If Rita had that kind or power I am surprised she didn't use it against the Rangers.
If she did she probably didn't have it when she was evil. Ranger magic was probably higher in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Ranger View Post
I don't think Rita was always Mystc Mother. She became Mystic Mother after In Space. She just looked older because Finister's youth treatment from "The Wedding" wore off.
that's a good theory and you're exactly right with the moon mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Hero View Post
I just can't comprehend how Rita is supposed to be Mystic Mother when she became a regular human in "Countdown".
Just because she was turned human doesn't mean she's a normal human. Did you see her do anything but react to Zedd's purified form? No you didn't so you can't say just based on that scene that she's a normal human there's no possible way any of us can tell whether she still has magic or not.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/17, 10:10 AM   #79
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

If they wanted to honor Soga's Rita it made a lot of sense to do it this way. Since the continuity implications gave us all a headache!
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/17, 01:55 PM   #80
White Tiger Fan
Power Ranger

I think Amit should have been consulted. He would have figured out a way to make the whole thing make sense. Since he did such a good job with "Forever Red".
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply