Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/18/16, 03:06 PM   #31
MMPR Supreme
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Can Power Rangers become a successful movie franchise?

I am fine with a reboot. But it needs to be in the true MMPR spirit. Not this dark and gritty movie.
MMPR Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:15 PM   #32
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I can't stress enough how much I hate Reboots. I am glad Matt agrees with me. The franchise is so rich they can find an original story to tell. So not slaving to old continuity isn't an excuse. Sincr the show can do that just fine.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:26 PM   #33
Space Hero
Ranger In Training

MMPR sucked! If they insist on redoing it, remaking it into something more serious is the right way to go. I think they made the right decision by doing a darker version of MMPRmThe new Rita looks so much better. She may even top Astronema. And thats ll says a oot coming from me. Its too early to tell though.
Space Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:32 PM   #34
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
I"ve always thought Power Rangers could make the successful leap to the big screen for a pg 13 audiences. In an age with the Avengers, Ninja Turtles, and Transformers, this should be do able.

I do have my fears right now though. I really like the trailer..But I am concerned that it by itself will not be enough to get adults to take the movie seriously. I am hoping for some sort of strong promotional push and a longer trailer.

Granted Transformers.had the same issues when its first movie came out. And it ended up doing tremendous. I remember having the same misgivings of people taking it as a serious franchise. And they have.
The Transformers movies are awful! I don't consider them to be true to G1 or any transformers series. They are like Beast Wars but I hated that too. Don't get me even started about Beast Machines. But suffice it to say Power Rangers copying the Transformers movies would be very bad.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:33 PM   #35
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

How can anyone say MMPR sucked? I like MMPR just the way it was. I don't need it presented in a new way.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 03:36 PM   #36
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerlord View Post
I'm really not excited about the movie at all. It should be in continuity. I hate reboots.
I'm more offended by what has been in continuity the last decade or so. So I am not minding a fresh start and fresh vision.

I don't think MMPR sucks. But I think the new movie does need to present it in a new serious way. All the attempts to recapture the fun of MMPR have failed miserably anyway. Ninja aSorm and Samurai were awful awful seasons!
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/16, 05:55 PM   #37
Chaos Ranger
Ranger In Training

The movies and tv show are going to be separate. A reboot makes sense. Its not like they were going to reunite the survivng MMPR cast to do a movie.
Chaos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/16, 04:53 PM   #38
PRangerX
Administrator

Its all hard to say. Since its a brand new thing. You can't even compare it to the old movies. Since the goal and target audience is a lot different. I have no problem with the Movies being there own continuity. It appeals more to the masses and we still have the show to give us okd continuity.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/16, 04:53 PM   #39
Vypra's Monster
Putty Patroller

Its all hard to say. Since its a brand new thing. You can't even compare it to the old movies. Since the goal and target audience is a lot different. I have no problem with the Movies being there own continuity. It appeals more to the masses and we still have the show to give us okd continuity.
Vypra's Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/16, 12:51 PM   #40
Time Force Traitor
Ranger In Training

I think it can. But I am worried that Lionsgate doesn't understand the franchise or how to adapt it to the masses . I understand the movie is going to be different and more mature. You still need to understand the franchise though.
Time Force Traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply