Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/19/16, 01:46 PM   #11
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: End of Extinction Episode Discussion

I'm not surprised at all. The show has sucked for years and years. Not even Judd Lynn knows how to save it.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:17 PM   #12
Smarty Pants Rose
Ranger In Training

I thought the twist was pretty clever myself. The finalie was a lot of fun. Its diffinitley added something unique that other finalie's didn't have. Dino Charge was awesome!The wait to Ninja Steel is going to be tough
Smarty Pants Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:18 PM   #13
Super Cena
Power Ranger

Are the Rangers still connected to the Energems after all that?
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:22 PM   #14
Digifiend
Power Ranger

It's a paradox. The Dino Gems never fell to Earth, so Tommy never found them, so Dino Thunder doesn't exist - which means Mesogog won, which means the Dino Charge team shouldn't exist...

tl/dr: Dino Charge and the prior seasons can't co-exist. Must be an alt universe like RPM.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:22 PM   #15
Xenotome
Putty Patroller

I don't mind the paradoxes the whole time traveling shenanigans caused and after the build up in the last few episodes showing that Koda & Ivan both have something to live for back in their times. The ONLY thing I have a problem with is the last minute. Literally nothing else, I am fine with the rest. I would have even accepted like a tongue and cheek for them expecting the dinosaurs to still be alive when they came back to the forest only to run to the Museum to see nothing has changed and Kendall pulls out her phone and spouted another reason why they went extinct. "Oh, Sledge's asteroids were just the first ones that hit/Oh dang, that's right the Ice Age still happened/etc."

The dinosaurs being there still is stupid, incredibly stupid. Jurassic Park was also for kids, but they didn't try to pass off dinosaurs just surviving, they scienced that shit. If that's what happened here then fine, but more explanation please.

As for the Talon thing, I think we're going to get a team up or summer Dino Charge special. Bandai has shown that they did want Talon involved in the show and in any other instance if they wanted it to happen, they made it happen. There's definitely more down the road involving those powers especially with making Heckyl the guardian of the dark energem.
Xenotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:24 PM   #16
Rito Revolto2
Putty Patroller

That was infuriating.

Dino Charge is a paradox. The rangers used the energems to go back in time to stop Sledge and Fury from attacking Earth 65 million years ago. By succeeding, they negated the need for Keeper to give the gems to dinosaurs, negating the need for the rangers to ever have gotten their powers in the first place. Ivan and Koda should have vanished and James should have gone full Zeo Billy...or maybe the entire universe should have folded in upon itself. Shit, somebody call Neil deGrasse-Tyson.

Also, dinosaurs never went extinct. Therefore, humans should not be the dominant species and dinosaurs should have evolved beyond what they were in the Triassic period. I'm talking not just Flinstones. I'm talking Dinohattan.

I wasn't OK and remain not OK with RPM being retconned into an AU. But in my headcanon, Samurai and Mega are one AU and Dino Charge must be another. The ending gave us no sense of where these characters were going after the finale besides back to their proper time periods and oh god here comes another headache.

I'm giving it a second star for some nice visuals but that's about it. At least, since Overdrive and Super Megaforce remain things that happened, it isn't the worst finale in PR history.
Rito Revolto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:27 PM   #17
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

You guys are reading way too into this its just a kids show. Dino Charge is just as good as all the other seasons.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:29 PM   #18
O.92
Putty Patroller

So, does someone want to explain to me why everyone hates this episode so much? What part of the time continuity bothered everyone?

--They really made a new narration for one episode? OK.
--It was a nice touch seeing various allies throughout the season return.
--How...did Tyler use Super Charge T-Rex Mode in the past?
--The scene where Koda and Ivan leave definitely brought out all the feels.

As an episode, it was good. But in the greater picture? I understand it had some struggles. The whole time-travel concept never woo'd me over to begin with. I didn't think a season like this needed to dabble in time travel because of the mess it often causes.

As a whole, Dino Charge was pretty middle of the road. It started strong, had tons of potential, but will be remembered for ultimately floundering big in Dino Super Charge. But still, it's a big mark above Samurai and Megaforce. So potential is definitely there for Ninja Steel, but also caution because it feels like they're getting overly ambitious with that season (combining ninja powers with a game show with school?).

I'll miss the Dino Charge cast. They were a likable bunch. But a part of me is finally glad to see this season end. Dino Super Charge has been a struggle.
O.92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:31 PM   #19
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.92 View Post
So, does someone want to explain to me why everyone hates this episode so much? What part of the time continuity bothered everyone?

--They really made a new narration for one episode? OK.
--It was a nice touch seeing various allies throughout the season return.
--How...did Tyler use Super Charge T-Rex Mode in the past?
--The scene where Koda and Ivan leave definitely brought out all the feels.

As an episode, it was good. But in the greater picture? I understand it had some struggles. The whole time-travel concept never woo'd me over to begin with. I didn't think a season like this needed to dabble in time travel because of the mess it often causes.

As a whole, Dino Charge was pretty middle of the road. It started strong, had tons of potential, but will be remembered for ultimately floundering big in Dino Super Charge. But still, it's a big mark above Samurai and Megaforce. So potential is definitely there for Ninja Steel, but also caution because it feels like they're getting overly ambitious with that season (combining ninja powers with a game show with school?).

I'll miss the Dino Charge cast. They were a likable bunch. But a part of me is finally glad to see this season end. Dino Super Charge has been a struggle.
Cuz it made Dino Charge out to be the worst team to ever exist for doing, by accident mind you, the one thing every past villain had failed to do: destroy the Earth. Also it made watching the season out to be a complete waste of time as it gets invalidated by the end.

Again, it made the last two years pointless as both seasons are made to be completely invalidated. And unless we get told this was on it's one universe, Dino Charge also erased the last 20+ years of the show. And before anyone tries to say "But Power Rangers never had tight continuity!" Yes, but never to this amount? Sure SPD shot itself in the foot by giving itself a specific date and time but nothing so far contradicts it.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/16, 05:34 PM   #20
O.92
Putty Patroller

I'm going to play devil's advocate just for the sake of understanding why everyone's up in arms.

How did it erase 20+ years of the show? While dino's now walk the Earth, couldn't the other events of other seasons still have happened?

Maybe I'm just not seeing something.
O.92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply