Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/06/15, 04:46 PM   #21
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Is Alpha 5 really dead?

Actually Turbo got good ratings. Zeo was the one that flopped. But yeah at one point it was thought that Space was the final year.

Zordon's sacrifice had to happen to balance out the miracle defeat of the UAE. It was good writing, as sad as it is for the viewer. It also balances out Karone's ressurection..
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/15, 03:35 PM   #22
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

What I meant to point out was the Turbo season was a flop By the way Zeo is my number one favorite PR season

Ecliptor should have been spared there was not enough screentime for Rita Zedd and Divatox to foreshadow their purification but everyone else's fate like Elgar Golar and others was super appropriate. Kinda obvious that it had to happen since it was time for the franchise to move on and the former Turbo Rangers with it
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/15, 03:57 PM   #23
MattEmily
Administrator

I agree with you in regards to Ecliptor but Divatox was human and Dimitria's supposed twin sister so she had to be purified but in the case of Rita and Zedd we really have no clue whether they were once human or not since nothing was ever shared in regards to their backgrounds. I disagree with Elgar since he should've been purified same thing with Finster but ones such as Goldar should've been dusted in the event that he was dusted since we didn't even see the wave hit him or anything like we saw it hit Havoc, Mondo and Machina.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/15, 04:09 PM   #24
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

I have to agree with you she had to purified but too bad Dimitria was never seen again after Turbo but it obviously had to happen to Rita and Zedd because they deeply loved each other. Elgar he was really funny but I think his comic mojo decreased after assigned to work with Karone
Old 06/07/15, 05:05 PM   #25
PRangerX
Administrator

Oh so you mean Turbo was a flop creatively to you?

Good point about Rita and Zedd but being purified because of their love. That makes a lot of sense.

I think Elgar was tond down because Space had more serious villains. Elgar was actually better in Space since he was the only comedy villain. In Turbo comedy on the villain side was overdone.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/15, 05:06 PM   #26
Calamity Kimberly
Ranger In Training

Rita and Zedd loved each other.The pure love has to be what saved them. But I wonder why Mystic Mother wasn't with Zedd in MF.
Calamity Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/15, 05:16 PM   #27
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

I agree Elgar was much funnier in Turbo. As a Turbo fan, I did love having Elgar back. It wasn't quite the same though. The Space villains weren't as interesting but I like whacky villains the best.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/15, 05:21 PM   #28
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Its funny that Zeo wasn't a success and Turbo did better....Since so many fans love Zeo and hate Turbo.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/15, 11:08 AM   #29
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Oh so you mean Turbo was a flop creatively to you?

Good point about Rita and Zedd but being purified because of their love. That makes a lot of sense.

I think Elgar was tond down because Space had more serious villains. Elgar was actually better in Space since he was the only comedy villain. In Turbo comedy on the villain side was overdone.
No I heard comments saying it was the least liked season and I agree Turbo has to be the worst season ever. I still think it was appropriate for Elgar to turn into dust.
Old 06/08/15, 11:08 AM   #30
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

^^^ Maybe Rita sometime ago was left a widow
Post New ThreadReply