Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/27/15, 10:26 PM   #1
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Alex should have stayed dead

"Force From The Future" was one of the best episodes of Power Rangers ever. I feel its impact was hurt by the fact Alex ended up coming back and wasn't dead after all. The whole reason why the TF Rangers went back in time was to get revenge for the death of Alex. It was a key part of Jen's character. It hurt the final confrontation with Ransik since Alex was no longer dead...Yet Jen still acted like she needed revenge.

Alex should have stayed dead and Captain Logan could have come back and took over as Red. He could have had a DNA override.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 08:25 AM   #2
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

Default Re: Alex should have stayed dead

He needed to come back. No humans die on Power Rangers. Certainly not Rangers. Besides its not like they got back together. So everything wasn't perfect. The relationship was still over Jen loved Wes.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 08:27 AM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I would have liked that better. Alex dying was such a dramatic and sad moment. They should have left it intact. And found another way to do the destiny arch.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 08:30 AM   #4
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Alex got hosed big time.He was the one that almost died. And when he comes back he loses his fiancee and has to watch her with another man. Only for her to pretty much make it clear things were't going back to normal when she came back to the future.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 08:36 AM   #5
Superstatler
Power Ranger

They should have went with the Time Force is corrupt idea that seemed to be there in the beginning. Also the idea that Ransik was just a victim of prejudice. Alex could have ended up being a villain with Ransik somewhat justified for trying to kill him. Or at least for him to have a reason thats more than just because he is evil. Maybe Alex could have killed somone on close to him?
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 08:38 AM   #6
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Episodes like this is what make me hate all seasons after MMPR. It wasnt Power Rangers and was way too serious. At least Alex came back alter. But Time Force isn't my cup of tea.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 08:40 AM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Yes, I consider FFTF one of the best episodes of Power Rangers ever. I think it would have made more sense for Alex to have been really dead. Don't take away the dramatic weight of the episode.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 08:46 AM   #8
VR Master
Power Ranger

Alex did die, the timeline just changed to him being a live. As much as Jen changed during her adventures in the past...Alex wasn't really the same Alex that Jen had left behind. Its pretty obvious that the timeline also changed to Alex sending them back to the past officially rather than them stealing a timeship to go back on their own.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 10:04 AM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge View Post
"Force From The Future" was one of the best episodes of Power Rangers ever. I feel its impact was hurt by the fact Alex ended up coming back and wasn't dead after all. The whole reason why the TF Rangers went back in time was to get revenge for the death of Alex. It was a key part of Jen's character. It hurt the final confrontation with Ransik since Alex was no longer dead...Yet Jen still acted like she needed revenge.

Alex should have stayed dead and Captain Logan could have come back and took over as Red. He could have had a DNA override.
I agree with you that Alex should have stayed dead. I'm not for human characters being resurrected once they are killed off... however Captain Logan wouldn't have worked as the Red Ranger that took over from Wes since he wasn't seen as jerkish as Alex was.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/15, 04:49 PM   #10
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

He was pretty jerkish when they lost Ransik.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply